Supper Monday 2013-11-04

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Is there really no supper thread yet? If there is, please merge this with the other one.

Tonight's supper:
20131104_192150.jpg

20131104_192222.jpg

Whole grain fusilli with homemade pesto from my humongo basil plant. Salad with homemade Thousand Island dressing and grilled, organic hotdogs, quite yum. The whole meal was tasty and satisfying.

I didn't notice another thread, so I'll join you here Taxy. I'm having some turkey neck stew with brown rice that I made using turkey neck broth. MMmmmmmmmm!

Leftover potato soup. And I had to make sure the Kirkland low sodium bacon was edible. And a couple of Lindor truffles.

A well-balanced diet.

TL, one hot dog wasn't enough so you took a second one?

(SO's Low carb day#1) Tonight's dinner was a small pork roast and a veggie.

Not many folks eating tonight? DH had leftover bean soup, I had that for lunch, so am just foraging for other leftovers, there's about 1/2 cup of squash left from last night, might scout out a hot dog to go with it.

Hah! Shrek and I both said Hotdogs at the same time...sounds like a hotdog night. I have a lab draw in the morning so I managed to mess it up ahead of time by having a cup of cocoa...kicking self in butt...

There definitely weren't many folks eating tonight. DH is on a business trip for the next 3 days so I'm fending for myself. I had the leftover BBQ from Shane's Rib Shack family meal. Must say, it was delicious even after being reheated.

Taxlady, that looks like a mighty fine meal to me. :yum:

Seems a few of us are having leftovers tonight. Leftover cream of broccoli soup tonight for me. ;):LOL: And an early night to bed. Catch up with y'all manana. :sleep: zzzzzz.....

Taxlady, that looks like a mighty fine meal to me. :yum:
Thanks. I know it was a bit of an odd combo, but I have been wanting the pesto for a few days and the dogs were "best before 2013-11-04", and they sounded good. Pretty close to last chance to grill anything.

i was stuffed last night:ermm::rolleyes:!!no,NOT what you are thinking;):LOL:!!i was that full,i didn't even want to discuss dinner last night.part of my voluntary work at the city royal involves me in a weekly "sense check" of the ward kitchens & patients dining rooms.observing food prep,service,cleanliness,hygene procedures,correct kitchen attire etc and,yep,you guessed...food sampling to check on seasoning,temperature & portion control.of course i DO have to sample everything:cool:.yesterday's lunch was spicy tomato & lentil soup,,cauliflower & white bean soup,,southern fried chicken with chips & beans,,,spicy vegetable & pasta bake,,roast beef & red onion or egg mayo & cress sandwiches,,,yogurt & fresh fruit,,rice pudding,,tea or coffee.
not only is the nhs the finest healthcare institution in the world imo...it's probably the tastiest too:yum:!!
like i said,stuffed:pig:!!

Last edited:
I ate early. Leftovers for me, too. A small piece of steak, shrimp & pasta and I sauted some sprouts and made cheesey garlic bread to go along.

I made a stir-fry last night with cubed pork loin, red and green bell pepper, onion, and celery, served over rice.

View attachment 19438

Is there really no supper thread yet? If there is, please merge this with the other one.

Tonight's supper:
Whole grain fusilli with homemade pesto from my humongo basil plant. Salad with homemade Thousand Island dressing and grilled, organic hotdogs, quite yum. The whole meal was tasty and satisfying.
delicious looking dinners,both:yum:!man,those are BIG dogs tax..nice!!

Last edited:
They are, Harry.
I thought they were brats when I first saw them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom