Supper on March 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp and Sausage gumbo with collards. I know this is Ash Wednesday but we didn't get to do our Mardi Gras dinner so tonights the night-so I guess I 'll be doing the Bless me Father for I have sinned...- come Sat!!!!

DH won't be home for dinner tonight which means it's just me....I'm making a simple tomato, basil and rice soup....might toast some brown bread to dunk in it.

I have no clue!! Somehow, I missed a dinner on my list this week:ohmy: I've been doing that a lot lately. I wonder what I'll be like in 10 years:wacko:

i'm having british style broccoli. :cool:

hee hee.

i think i'm going to make allen's balsamic/orange marinated pork loins, and since i have to use the veal, veal chilli with red and white beans.

I don't feel like cooking tonight. DW suggested hot dogs. That is sounding like a good idea.

I'm making chicken florentine, and baked potatoes stuffed with scallions, pimentos, jalapenos, cheddar cheese.

tg, get up here quickly, 'cause we're going to amber's. we'll grab gb on the way (after eating his hot dogs).

alix, are those saskatoon berries in your avatar? those little, rock hard, bland berries that you love so dearly?

Last edited:
buckytom said:
alix, are those saskatoon berries in your avatar? those little, rock hard, bland berries that you love so dearly?

Yes darlin' they surely are. How kind of you to notice. Aren't they lovely?

Kissing cousins!

PS, I'll bake you a pie when you drop of your sweetie on the way to the ski hill.

That sounds scrumptious, ABJ!

My husband is on second shift, so we had ours at noon. Appleby's made a mistake on my order the other day, and I ended up with two free grilled chicken breasts, which I brought home. Today, I made a salad of mixed Italian greens, shredded parmesan, and the chopped chicken breasts with a store-bought Balsamic Vinaigrette and garlic bread.
I also brought home HB's leftover fries for the dog, the little steamed veggies, which I added to my canned soup last night, the slaw HB didn't eat, and the garlic mashed potatoes that I didn't have room for. I'll probably have the latter two for supper tonight.
I might turn the potatoes into a little gratin, with some shredded dried beef, a few peas and whatever else comes to mind at the time.

We had a Welsh lamb dish. As it's probably the last I'll post, I hope that those of you that like lamb will try it.

i'm having pierogies with melted butter and black pepper, sauteed baby spinach w/ a little garlic/seasalt/black pepper, & i was thinking baked stuffed fish, a mild one. i may toss my spinach into the stuffing mixture.

Back
Top Bottom