Supper Sunday, 2015 June 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
No supper thread yet?

We grilled a couple of Italian sausages and some European style smoked Wiener sausages. We had potato salad and some pickled vegis and beet salad out of jars with the sausages.

Attachments

• IMG_20150621_194731.jpg
    IMG_20150621_194731.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 229
I found some Italian bread in the freezer and made more basil pesto. I made bruschetta with those, some chopped tomato from the farmers market and grated Parmesan on top. We also grilled some corn on the cob with bell pepper butter and peaches with butter, drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Warmed up two pork chops leftover from last night and that was dinner.

We got takeout Mexican earlier, and have been picking at that.

We had a very nice Father's Day picnic in the park and made a more-or-less authentic Santa Maria style barbecue tonight for Father's Day. Tri tip steaks grilled over an open wood fire, with the same dry rub recipe used at the Hitching Post II restaurant in Buellton, California (if you've ever watched the movie "Sideways" you'll recognize the name). Served with salsa, a tossed salad, Caprese style tomatoes, and pinquito beans (Sorry - I didn't have any of those).

I say "more-or-less authentic" because in Santa Maria they primarily use California red oak in the barbecue pit, and all I had available was mesquite and pecan wood chunks. But I didn't hear anyone complain.

img_1426571_0_a45cf9f198adebd7d17d2b4c050947f1.jpg

img_1426571_1_ff71626494dffa9f01f68f4222de9690.jpg

Great looking and sounding dinners tonight!

Steve, that beautiful meal looks darn close to authentic to me and it looks really beautiful! Did you buy the tri tips in Minn.?

We had grilled rib eye steaks, baked spuds, garlic toast and salad.

Steve, that beautiful meal looks darn close to authentic to me and it looks really beautiful! Did you buy the tri tips in Minn.?
Hi Kayelle! Yes, I got the tri tips locally. We don't get them all the time, so when I see them, I try to buy a few and freeze them. Unfortunately, most of the stores around here use it to make ground sirloin. I don't think they know what they are missing out on.

My two daughters, SIL and grandson took me out to dinner this afternoon. We had a great time. However, I ate enough keep me full through dinner time so I just had a piece of lemon cake and a glass of milk for dessert.

We had burritos grilled outside, with pasta salad and watermelon.

I had a bite of TB's strawberry rhubarb pie, made by the neighbour. It was delicious, but more than one bite and my sugar levels would be a mess!

No supper thread yet?

We grilled a couple of Italian sausages and some European style smoked Wiener sausages. We had potato salad and some pickled vegis and beet salad out of jars with the sausages.
We had homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was our first attempt at ice cream in the new-to-us ice cream maker. I pronounce it a resounding success.

Dagnabit, I have never seen tri-tips around these parts. Lovely meals, guys, and I need a drool rag for Steve's steak.

Everything looks good! Since we did the fancy dinner last night in a drizzle, this evening the sun was out. Go figure.

Himself wanted breakfast for dinner. So I made a mushroom oven omelet, fried potatoes and onions, and some more of the never-ending ham. Dessert was Happy Fathers' Day calls from the kids. :wub:

Dagnabit, I have never seen tri-tips around these parts. Lovely meals, guys, and I need a drool rag for Steve's steak.

Dawg...do you think you might be able to put in an order and ask your butcher to save a tri tip roast for you before they grind it up?

Back
Top Bottom