Supper, Thursday 2012 July 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle said:
Take out for only one more night here. Yeahhh!!!

My beautiful new granite counters were installed today and they just left........
Here's the pictures from after and before. I'm thrilled to never have to deal with that horrible white tile and grout again!! My new deep one hole sink will hold my largest pots and pans without that dang useless divided sink I had before and the new faucet is wonderful !! Doing a happy dance!! Check it out!

kitchen countertops pictures by Kayelle - Photobucket

Absolutely gorgeous, Kayelle! Yay! No more bathtub dishes!

My beautiful new granite counters were installed today and they just left........
Here's the pictures from after and before. I'm thrilled to never have to deal with that horrible white tile and grout again!! The breakfast bar is drop dead gorgeous! My new deep one hole sink will hold my largest pots and pans without that dang useless divided sink I had before and the new faucet is wonderful !! Doing a happy dance!! Check it out!

That's gorgeous.

Though I would have wanted two big sinks. ;)

Beautiful Kayelle! You will love the granite, it's great for rolling out pastry and kneading bread.

Our dinner was meatloaf and Greek pasta salad.....I repurposed the leftover Greek salad from last night by adding bow tie pasta :)

Last edited:
Kayelle, those are nice looking counters! Congrats. I especially like the matching granite backsplash.

Thanks Andy, I like them too. I know the fashion these days is "glass tiles" of some sort for the backsplash but this is timeless, and I hope to never again have "tile" (or grout) in my vocabulary. ;)

Thanks Rocky!

Last edited:
I got a great deal yesterday on turkey thigh meat and since today is the first day of DH's low cholesterol no gluten/wheat/soy/dairy/casiein/refined sugar diet, I thought it would be perfect to make taco salads.

I made salsa and guacamole, then used baby romaine, cucumber, grape tomatoes and green onion as the base. DH has this really good non-dairy/soy cheese with jalapeno and garlic (no, it is really good!) so we used that on the hot meat, the then salsa and guacamole as "dressing". It was really good! :chef:

Here's the pictures from after and before. I'm thrilled to never have to deal with that horrible white tile and grout again!! The breakfast bar is drop dead gorgeous! My new deep one hole sink will hold my largest pots and pans without that dang useless divided sink I had before and the new faucet is wonderful !! Doing a happy dance!! Check it out!

Kayelle, I love your new countertops! We will be doing our kitchen this fall and I can't wait. I will be asking you how you like the granite! We have been trying to figure out what is best - something that will be good for fondant rolling is a key point for me!

Oh lowrdy Bunny does this mean I have to learn to bake? ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh come on Kayelle I know you bake ;-). Seriously though the granite is wonderful for pastry rolling and for Laurie...... Fondant rolling!
I love mine!

Oh lowrdy Bunny does this mean I have to learn to bake? ;)

Oh come on Kayelle I know you bake ;-). Seriously though the granite is wonderful for pastry rolling and for Laurie...... Fondant rolling!
I love mine![/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bunny! I will definitely keep your endorsement in mind! :)

Kylie1969 said:
Craig, what are sliders?

Baby hamburgers. I think the trend here in the states may have started with White Castle sliders. Usually a bite or two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom