Supper Tuesday 2013-09-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Is there really no supper thread yet? If there is, please move my post over there.

We had beef meatloaf, basmati rice, and garlic butter, mixed vegis. Nice and easy and oh so tasty.

I have yet to eat dinner. I found 4 bbq ribs in a zip lock inside a tupperware in the freezer today. Yay. There are tomatoes, cukes, onion and greek olives for salad / garlic and herb dressing and a half cantelope.

Italian sausage crisped with red gravy over garlic pasta. It was found in the freezer and tasted just as good as when I made it.

I had to try out the new Presto Liddle Griddle. Awesome fried eggs. With Chipotle Tabasco and a bit of Heinz Ketchup.

Pan fried pork chops with some fresh peas and some leftover potato salad. At 105F outside it's just way too hot to BBQ. I just checked.....it cooled down to 93F now.

Burgers and last night's dinner as a cold salad. I don't think I posted yesterday. Sunday I made maque choux chicken. Yesterday I added rotini to a leftover diced chicken breast and veggies and we ate that hot.

Is there really no supper thread yet?.....

One of the first of us on the boards after waking up and getting coffee could always start one since Kylie hasn't been coming around. Or one of us night owls could do it before hitting the sack if we know what we're making the next day. I usually know what I'm making but I don't want to start them all the time.

We had leftovers tonight, but I did make a from-scratch Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. Not lovin' the raw garlic taste. Might use some of my roasted next time, or a squirt from my tube of garlic paste. Planning on using some of the leftover dressing for Bacon Ranch Potato Salad in the near future.

Tonight I made what the kids affectionately call "Texican Hills". Why? No clue. TexMex inside a molded baked corn tortilla. Am going to try to post the picture I took. Hope it works. Not sure how to do this....

Last edited by a moderator:
Your picture came through, and it looks good Letrell! Is it a chicken dish? And really, do kids need a reason to call things something? Our two had strange nicknames for each other. :LOL:

Thanks.

It is indeed chicken. It was frozen so I boiled it just enough to thaw it, then put it in a pan on the stove, a little olive oil, spiced it up and added finely chopped onions.

I made the molds; covered the bottom with shredded romaine, placed the chicken slices and the onion on top of the lettuce, added home made salsa, shredded 4 cheese mexican blend, sour cream, sprinkled with red pepper and cuz the kids love em, tossed in the deviled egg.

I like using the molds. Everyone just picks them up and eats them with their hands. Works great til the sour cream rolls off when the kids tilt them too far.

It was a nice dinner. I enjoy cooking for a family that always says how good it is! I suppose my instructors won't be so kind! LOL

The picture isn't showing for me :(

And as far as starting the dinner thread, I think some of us are so in shock to be able to take turns that nobody wants to start it :LOL:

Dawg, consider it frozen :)
I had the last bit in the pot for dinner after portioning and bagging the rest. So no red beans and rice for a while (thank gawd).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom