Supper, Wednesday 21st March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a hugh baked chicken yesterday and there is plenty left for me to eat tonight.

I am in the mood for ice cream so later I will go to the market after Jolie has her teeth cleaned.

Let's see ... today is the first day of the astrological year ... the first day the Sun is in Aries "the Ram" ... so in keeping with the theme of the day (more or less):

Baba ganoush with wheat pita; lamb steaks broiled with a paste of EVOO, garlic, and rosemary; saffron rice with onions and garlic - and a pan gravy made with a light roux, white wine - a sprinkle of oregano, a grating of nutmeg and a bit or grated feta.

Humm ... I need to go shopping to pull this off!

We're doing bbq'd ribs, and I have a potatoe casserole put together,with gruyere, parmesan,thyme, nutmeg,butter, cream and torn bread into pieces on top, hope it's good it's a first time one, i just saw in a magazine. A green salad and a tuscany melon with vanilla ice cream as dessert..
kadesma:-p

Michael in FtW said:
Let's see ... today is the first day of the astrological year ... the first day the Sun is in Aries "the Ram" ... so in keeping with the theme of the day (more or less):

Baba ganoush with wheat pita; lamb steaks broiled with a paste of EVOO, garlic, and rosemary; saffron rice with onions and garlic - and a pan gravy made with a light roux, white wine - a sprinkle of oregano, a grating of nutmeg and a bit or grated feta.

Humm ... I need to go shopping to pull this off!

Wow I sure would like to have dinner at your house tonight-that sounds great-Enjoy!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Despite he 15-20 mph wind gusts, I AM GRILLING #$%^!! I AM grilling lamb chops, roasting potatoes, and fresh asparagus, maybe some rosemary french bread with olive oil and balsamic to nibble on. :cool: I am kinda hoping to multitask and would not feel bad if the fire jumped into my neighbor's yard full of trash. VOILA! I don't have to talk to adults like adolescents to pick up after themselves anymore!

I came up with a unique but good recipe based on some of rich bayless's ideas. I uses skirt steak / chicken breast and marinated over night in one of his rubs that included smoked paprika (he just callled for normal paprika), chipotle poweder, and garlic. I grilled it over charcoal.
I then made a hot sauce in rick's book which was a chipotle/roasted tomatillo & garlic sauce
I made my grilled avocado cream.

I put the sliced chicken/steak on good with smoked chedder. Grilled it on good ciabatta bread and then after it was done put my avocada cream & hot sauce on. It was awesome.

Ncage

Last night both husband & I were running late & tired, so I wasn't into doing much for supper.

Since we had bought a package of fresh baked tortillas at Whole Foods on Sunday, I warmed them up & threw together some browned ground turkey, canned diced jalapeno peppers, canned red enchilada sauce, garlic, & spices & allowed that to cook down a bit. Also heated up some canned refried beans, & chopped some mixed baby greens, cilantro, & onions.

We then made our own soft tacos, using the refried beans & turkey mixture as filling, & topping with the lettuce, cilantro, onions, & some grated cheese, etc., etc. It turned out good, fast, & filling.

Back
Top Bottom