Suppertime Sept 16, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I just finished lunch and am already looking forward to tonight's dinner.
I'm going to gently reheat a couple thick slices of roast beef and make a copious amount of mashed potatoes, all covered with beef gravy. Some kind of veggie on the side. Perfect comfort food on a brisk September day.

I have some chicken thighs I will debone and use in a recipe I make with pickled peppers, olives and wine. I serve it over rice.

Nice comfort-food weather here too. We're going to have a pot roast with the usual veggies, but I have a plethora of broccoli and cauliflower that I'll probably roast to have on the side.

Stir fried beef with snow peas. Fast and easy. It is definitely NOT comfort food weather here. September tends to be our hottest month.

We are having breakfast for dinner, tonight. Eggs and whole grain toast, sliced peaches.

DH grilled some chicken breasts yesterday that needed cookin'. I think I'll dice them up along with some bell peppers, onion and celery, add coconut milk and Thai red curry paste and serve it over rice with lightly pickled spicy cucumbers on the side.

A little pre-dinner snack was five coddies left over from yesterday. That should hold me until I feel like peeling some spuds.

I've changed my mind. We're having the Hawaiian Chicken that was posted last week. I forgot to take out my beef in time.

After a long travel day, DH has crashed and burned, so I'm not gonna worry about feeding him. I've got cottage cheese, grapes, and cherry tomatoes with sunflower seeds.

Hmm. The dead awoke, I told him of the plan, and was informed "It sounds disgusting."

I am no longer concerned about feeding DH.

Last edited:
We were going to cook burgers on the grill, but I didn't take the ground beef out early enough. By 19h00, only about a third of the chunk was defrosted. So, I made bachelor surprise: stir fried frozen vegis (Kirkland stir fry blend), the ground beef, and chopped onion. Then added cooked brown basmati, sesame seeds, a West Indian "spicy fish and meat sauce", a little bit of hot sauce, and finally, tamari. It was pretty good, and one pot.

The weather is so lovely today! I have my own grills. One is of the gas, and the other of the charcoal.

I grilled some very nice fat pork chops and corn on the cob for the first time. I did not use a recipe, I made this up. I rubbed the pork chops with a mixture of butter, Montreal Steak Seasoning, rosemary, and minced garlic. I put them on the gas grill. I used the meat thermometer and did not burn these. I rubbed the corn with butter, black pepper, sage, onion powder and chives and wrapped these in the foil. I turned it often for about 20 minutes.

This was very good! We also had packaged cole slaw from the grocery store with these.

Your friend,
~Cat

My daughter wanted steak so we went with strip loins. Garlic mashed, grilled zucchini, and mushrooms au gratin...I have to have my steak with a hunk of St. Agur.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom