Suppertime Sept 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My youngest son is 25 years old today and wants me to grill burgers. Friends are due any minute and then we will fire up the grill!

I'm making shrimp curry - sauteed garlic, ginger, onions, spices, etc. in a tomato/coconut/cilantro sauce. Rice on the side.

wow uncle bob! those catfish look perfect!

we had a good day of fishing: sunnies, perch, and largemouths, so i'm just getting in my post now.

we stopped at the new orleans steakhouse on route 15 in jefferson, nj. on the way home.

we've driven by the place hundreds of times but never stopped in. i'm glad we finally did today. the food was really good, the portions were huge and prices good, and the service very good and staff was nice.

we had a 20 minute wait for a table where we stood by the open carving station near the waiting area by the entrance. the chef was deftly cutting slices off 4 huge prime rib roasts to order, and when he had no order to fill, he'd cut up sample pices and gave them to the kids who were waiting alongside us.

when we were seated we started with salads, then dw had the nawlin's style bbq'd chicken and shrimp with cole slaw and mashed, my boy had a strip steak and fried shrimp with a loaded baked potato, and i had a huge honkin' slab of beautifully medium rare prime rib with dirty rice.

dw's chicken was so big, and both of our steaks were more than we could eat by far so we all came home with tomorrow's lunch. :pig:

finally, dessert was a shared slice of the best chocolate mousse cake i've ever had in my life. it was rich and light with a chocolate cake crust, and a tasty darker chocolate shell on top.

Last edited:

Attachments

• shrimp enchilada1.jpg
    shrimp enchilada1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 168
little dinner party: endive with grilled shrimp salad, orange vinaigrette; roasted herbed pork tenderloin, mashed spuds and roots, sauteed green and wax beans, sauteed mixed local mushrooms, pan gravy; gateaux au chocolate mit schlag. Ja. :)

Thanks BT.....Think I'll have a left over, cold piece along with scrambled eggs for breakfast.....

Sounds like your family had a perfect day!!!

Well, it looks like eating Mexican anyway ;)

Everyone must be taking it easy here today. Maybe waiting until the last minute, which is what I usually do :LOL:

I have at least 2 more months without a kitchen...... Hotel living may sound nice but I prefer to have a kitchen.

I have at least 2 more months without a kitchen...... Hotel living may sound nice but I prefer to have a kitchen.

That's OK. You can read your dinner to us off the menu. :LOL:
Two months without cooking... wow. That's a long time.

Hey PowerPlant....Move out of the "hotel" and move into a "motel"....Ask for a ground level room in the back....A Weber Smokey Joe will become your best friend!!

Hey PowerPlant....Move out of the "hotel" and move into a "motel"....Ask for a ground level room in the back....A Weber Smokey Joe will become your best friend!!

In the US I usually stay at extended stay places with a small kitchen. But due to my current location (Cali Colombia) All of us have to stay where the company puts us.

In the US I usually stay at extended stay places with a small kitchen. But due to my current location (Cali Colombia) All of us have to stay where the company puts us.

Understood ~~~ I was just remembering when three of us was trapped up North....we had 4 rooms...One of which was our cooking/eating/partying room....Bath tub full of iced down beer etc. ~~ We had an 18 in Weber that we cooked on (mostly steaks) very night. ~~~ "Elvis" who looked like a 6' 6" ~ 320 Lb. Bayou Bengal, defensive tackle, would bring over fresh plates and silverware, and a baked potato if we asked for it....His tip was always an 8 OZ. Glass of straight Evan Williams.. He took very good care of us!! :LOL:

"Trapped" up north?
Were you snowed in somewhere up here or Canada, Bob?

Naw....Ya gotta understand...anything nuch above Nashville is "Up North"

Yeah, but what trapped you up north? That was my question. If you were stuck up north when we had one of our infamous snow or ice storms?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom