Suppertime Sept 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
OK fine, I'll start today's dinner thread ;)

I'm thinking of grilled shrimp enchiladas in molé... if I get the grill cleaned out and MacGyver the one burner deflector that's broken.
If I don't, I have other options.

We had defrosted black beans and rice earlier. Have no idea for tonight.

I guess you and I are the only ones eating tonight, Pacanis. :)

Well, it looks like eating Mexican anyway ;)

Everyone must be taking it easy here today. Maybe waiting until the last minute, which is what I usually do :LOL:

mmmm, roasted reds...
I've got a few redskins left I need to do something with soon. Not tonight though.

I've the the Gulf shrimp thawing for the enchiladas and picked up some ears of corn today too. Extra fat. Makes up for the small ears all year long on account of the dry spell. 2.99/dozen, too. Pretty cheap. They dropped their price even though I was told they still have corn in the field. Life is good.

And tomorrow's meal is pounded out flat and marinating... but that's another thread...

Slept in, had a late lunch (2pm) of leftover pork loin and pap tert. Not hungry for supper so just did some popcorn.

Cool here so I made a pot of minestrone soup and grilled Turkey sausage stuffed with Cheddar cheese on a bun. Perfect for this cool day, soup and sandwich.

My SIL's boyfriend wants to cook his pizza in my wood pizza oven so I just fired it up. She says he makes very good pizzas. Hoping the high oven temp won't burn his kitchen oven pizza to a crisp...:-p:LOL:
I'll be making simple pizza as well along with some chicken wings. We're all watching the pay per view boxing match tonight.....thus the simple finger food.
I'll post photos tomorrow if I remembered to take any....:chef:

Back
Top Bottom