T.G.I. Dinner - 11/8 What's Cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
I did the Scallops in a non-stick skillet for the first time... will stick to the Cast Iron.... not happy with the sear.........

Pan Seared Scallops on a bed of Teriyaki Sauce, Black Beans & Rics, Buttered Carrots & Pearls... and the Salad, of course...

Salad, Country French.jpg

Scallops, Pan Seared, Teriyaki Sauce.jpg

Very cold today. We had split pea and ham soup for dinner.

Bacon (using craig's home cured bacon) and asparagus quiche with a purchased fresh fruit salad as the side. Cheeses were imported Swiss and Fontina.

Pugs got pastry dough scraps brushed with bacon grease as treats.

Attachments

• 2019-11-08 18.38.12.jpg
    2019-11-08 18.38.12.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 113
Clean out the frig day. We feasted on 1 Italian sausage, some baked rigatoni, a half a acorn squash and a few spoonfuls string beans.

Fancy easy fish here tonight.

I used my individual Polish Pottery casseroles with a bed of Jasmine rice and peas topped with a Mahi Mahi fillet that I slathered thick on both sides with a mix of mayo/Roquefort cheese/Parm. and dried dill. I convection baked the casseroles at 450 for 15 minutes. Good stuff along with perfectly crisp/tender roasted asparagus. :yum:

Attachments

• PB080040[1].jpg
    PB080040[1].jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 122
Grocery shopping and Walmart yesterday, so I picked up some frozen shrimp and sweet potato waffle fries. Heated them up for a late lunch/early supper yesterday.

The kitchen was too big a mess, so I worked on that and didn't have any energy left for cooking. We ordered out. I got a "Buffalo chicken salad" and DH got a "Mexican poutine". Both meals were yummy.

Back
Top Bottom