Taco Tuesday Dinner - 1/16/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in the midst of making a pot of split pea soup. Sis gave me a good sized ham bone with plenty of ham still attached. Looking forward t a hearty bowl of this with a baguette and butter.

Going to re-purpose leftovers from the weekend. I'm making chopped devilled egg sammies with frizzled prosciutto and lettuce.

And to serve it on, I was gifted with some really good hamburger buns. The small town Jr lives in does not have a grocery store. The gas station! took it upon themselves to make the best bread/burger/ hot dog buns, no sweet rolls or donuts, just breads. So you can at least buy bread & milk along with the aisles of junk food snacks? Because the owner's mom bakes good bread? who knows. Their buns are terrific!

Last edited:
Supposed to roast a pork loin but.. didn't get it thawed...so..

Using left over turkey to make quesadillas.. Sides to be determined..

Ross

Nothing fancy. I'm working to take off some holiday pounds, so I'm eating low carb and light this week. I pan-seared a hunk of steelhead trout, dusted with cumin and paprika, and finished with chipotle mayo. The store had a good price on avocados, so I picked up a half dozen and now wish I had bought more. I don't know where they were shipped in from, but they're some of the best avocados I've had in a while. I've been eating them with nothing but a sprinkle of salt. :yum:

nBOEazY.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the midst of making a pot of split pea soup. Sis gave me a good sized ham bone with plenty of ham still attached. Looking forward t a hearty bowl of this with a baguette and butter.

Good choice going with a bowl. That would make one messy taco. :D

I don't know what I'm having for supper. I'm in PHX. I do have some tortilla chips and salsa in my hotel room. I also have some beef jerky. I could make something similar to a taco. :chef:

CD

We had wilted spinach salad with hot bacon grease vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, dijon, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper) with bacon crumbles, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, and hard boiled eggs.

Attachments

• 2018-01-16 18.14.18.jpg
    2018-01-16 18.14.18.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 183
I have an Italian casserole ready for the oven..eggplant, onion, bell pepper, Italian sausage, and a ton of various Italian cheeses, grated and layered.
Glorified salads by the Souschef.

Steve and Med...both your meals look tasty and beautiful.

Last edited:
My go to--broiled salmon with a lemon dill glaze, MN wild rice, steamed broccoli with butter and park, tossed salad for Dad, pineapple for Mom.

We're eating light, heating up some leftover homemade soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. We had a late breakfast at IHOP (12:00 noon) so not really very hungry.

Back
Top Bottom