Taco Tuesday July 29 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Not quite tacos but Pork in Green Sauce / cerdo con salsa verde and Frijoles Charros

img_1377788_0_6bbe95e3bfb5204634506af61dc2a695.jpg

Our grandson is staying with us for a couple of days. SO asked him if he'd like to go to Burger King for dinner tonight but I whispered "pizza!" in his ear. Like a good grandson he opted for pizza over BK. So we shared a pepperoni pizza for dinner. Atta boy!

Our grandson is staying with us for a couple of days. SO asked him if he'd like to go to Burger King for dinner tonight but I whispered "pizza!" in his ear. Like a good grandson he opted for pizza over BK. So we shared a pepperoni pizza for dinner. Atta boy!

Evil Grampy! :D

I had to make some Mexican rice after all the talk, along with leftover corn salad.

Last edited:
We just had to have BLTs again. The tomato plants are producing way beyond our expectations and I made a super-perfect loaf of rustic bread this weekend. Both great components of said sandwiches. Had bacon and romaine hearts on hand so....

Did the Griddler trick with the bacon again but, this time, I used the ridged grill plates. Worked perfectly this way, too. I'm sold. As far as I'm concerned, whenever bacon is to be cooked for a sandwich, weaving it lattice-style and cooking it on the Griddler is the best way to do it.

Since our one cucumber vine is trying to envelope the house, we had cucumber spears with our sandwiches. Iced tea to drink and more of the pina colada cake with whipped cream for dessert.

Just for fun, have a look at the bacon and check out the pretty tomato. And, trust me, the tomato tasted just as good as it looks.

Attachments

• 001 - Copy (3).jpg
    001 - Copy (3).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 002 - Copy.jpg
    002 - Copy.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 218
Not quite tacos but Pork in Green Sauce / cerdo con salsa verde and Frijoles Charros

img_1377800_0_6bbe95e3bfb5204634506af61dc2a695.jpg

Yum! Did you make that?

Home made Mexican chorizo with sauteed onions, mini peppers, mushrooms, garlic in an omelet topped with guacamole. It was great!

I made fried rice. Stirling went out for supper with a friend on Friday, so I had steak. Well, I accidentally defrosted two steaks, so I cooked them both and saved one for making the fried rice. It was really good. It had the steak cut into strips, onion, carrot, celery, napa cabbage, garlic, scallions, water chestnuts, palm heart (boring), corn niblets, and brown basmati rice. I fried it in sesame oil and seasoned with cumin, a couple of dried chilies, oyster sauce, tamari, fish sauce, and sesame seeds. Next time, I will cut back on the fish sauce and tamari. The fish sauce, tamari, and oyster sauce all have a lot of salt.

20140729_191534.jpg
20140729_191855.jpg

We just had to have BLTs again. The tomato plants are producing way beyond our expectations and I made a super-perfect loaf of rustic bread this weekend. Both great components of said sandwiches. Had bacon and romaine hearts on hand so....

Did the Griddler trick with the bacon again but, this time, I used the ridged grill plates. Worked perfectly this way, too. I'm sold. As far as I'm concerned, whenever bacon is to be cooked for a sandwich, weaving it lattice-style and cooking it on the Griddler is the best way to do it.

Since our one cucumber vine is trying to envelope the house, we had cucumber spears with our sandwiches. Iced tea to drink and more of the pina colada cake with whipped cream for dessert.

Just for fun, have a look at the bacon and check out the pretty tomato. And, trust me, the tomato tasted just as good as it looks.

I love the weave idea for BLT's and those tomatoes look perfect.

So many delicious looking meals! We are having spinach and ricotta ravioli in a pesto cream sauce with some saute'd chicken sausage.

We are still working on our Carrot Pineapple bundt cake and I got some Sea Salt Carmel and a Fudge Brownie gelato's for midnight refrigerator raids.

What was planned for dinner and what was dinner became different right after I dumped the greater part of a 6-quart pot of tap water all over the counter. Having just corralled a herd of grape tomatoes that tried to make their escape across the floor, I deemed the spilled water was a sign to forget about working with knives!

I didn't injure myself while calling for Chinese take-out, and Himself made sure I didn't get in an accident by going for the food. We had Won Ton soup (me), spring roll (Himself), moo goo gai pan and pork fried rice. Bonus: I now have a spotlessly clean kitchen counter!

We had chili dogs and some of the leftover loaded baked potato salad. We are having a special meal Friday or Saturday, so I ordered some Pacific NW live shellfish to be delivered on Friday.:yum:

What was planned for dinner and what was dinner became different right after I dumped the greater part of a 6-quart pot of tap water all over the counter. Having just corralled a herd of grape tomatoes that tried to make their escape across the floor, I deemed the spilled water was a sign to forget about working with knives!

I didn't injure myself while calling for Chinese take-out, and Himself made sure I didn't get in an accident by going for the food. We had Won Ton soup (me), spring roll (Himself), moo goo gai pan and pork fried rice. Bonus: I now have a spotlessly clean kitchen counter!

Sometimes that is best, you just know it's going to end badly. Glad you decided to keep your fingers.

Wow, what a bunch of fabulous looking meals! Sure enjoyed looking at the droolworthy pics. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom