Tacos Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love tacos and will eat them with just about any toppings, but my favorite and go-to is about the same as roadfix. Shredded beef (or pork) on soft corn tortillas, with white onions, shredded lettuce and cilantro, and salsa. No cheese. I love cheese, just not on tacos. :)

I like corn tortillas for fish tacos, too. I hardly ever have flour tortillas unless I'm planning on making wraps. Now I'm craving fish tacos, I might have to stop by the store for some cabbage. :yum:

Funny, I can see taxy, Katie's and Dawg's "yums"....wondering if mine will show up. :ermm::LOL:

LOL! Methinks you eat wings with just about everything, Pac:LOL:,

hmmm... I have never eaten wings and eggs :mrgreen:

Definitely hard shells for tacos here. Anything else is just a wrap ;)
That said, I just came back from the store with soft shell tortillas for some fajitas tonight.

Well it's not like I am eating fried wings from bars and carry out every week... these are healthy grilled wings... no different than a grilled chicken breast... with bones... and skin... and seasonings... and lots of various sauces... :angel:

I ate them twice in the last week. I also buy big boxes through the deli where I work and stock my freezer. It's a go-to meal on a Saturday night in front of the hockey game. Play off time is coming so I will be eating my share, I'm sure.

Nothing beats fresh wings, Rock. I envy you working in a meat market. The bags of frozen wings around here are freezer burned while waiting for purchase.

I ate them twice in the last week. I also buy big boxes through the deli where I work and stock my freezer. It's a go-to meal on a Saturday night in front of the hockey game. Play off time is coming so I will be eating my share, I'm sure.

You have playoff wings recipes?? Could you share a Detroit one. They are going to take it.

I prefer wings over tacos any day, although wings are no less than $2.50/lb around these parts, unless I get a 40lb case of frozen wings at Restaurant Depot for like $1.59/lb. Tacos, on the other hand, are cheap. We always use leftover meat to do them.

I used cabbage in my last couple batches of tacos and loved it. Crispy, it lasts forever in the fridge... perfect. I also use up cheese that needs used. Usually, since I like hard shells and they need baked, I will shred the cheese in the bottom of the shells before I bake them. Cheese other than the usual cheddar, like pepperjack or something.

Nothing beats fresh wings, Rock. I envy you working in a meat market. The bags of frozen wings around here are freezer burned while waiting for purchase.

Costco has vacuum packed wings. There are six whole wings in a pack and six packs to a purchase unit. They freeze well since there is no danger of freezer burn. They are a decent size and uniform in size. $2.19/Lb last time I got some. Cheaper than fresh wings at the supermarket.

If we have a side with tacos, and we don't always, we have refried beans and or Mexican rice. We usually have soft tacos fish or beef. Store bought tortillas, but we have a couple of grocery stores that make them fresh in house. (Big Mexican community in this state). We often have taco salad instead of tacos, just had it last night ;). DD was visiting and it was her request. That's twice in a week for us! We use tortilla chips in/on our salad instead of the deep fried flour tortilla bowl, and I make a dressing from sour cream, mayo, salsa and taco seasoning.
Mmmm...I'm hungry!

Costco has vacuum packed wings. There are six whole wings in a pack and six packs to a purchase unit. They freeze well since there is no danger of freezer burn. They are a decent size and uniform in size. $2.19/Lb last time I got some. Cheaper than fresh wings at the supermarket.
I'll have to look for that. I never thought of looking in the frozen food section. Around here, fresh wings usually cost as much as boneless chicken breast. :wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom