Tacos Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I am planning to make beef tacos for dinner and I can't figure out what to have with them. Any ideas? I am really feeling stuck.

you can make a Mexican/Spanish rice, or refried beans for sides.

CarolPA has plenty of salasa. She might be willing to share. :LOL:

Last edited:
Easy Mexican Rice - make rice the usual way, but replace 1/2 cup of the water with salsa.

Amped-up Refried Beans - mix in a bit of salsa and lime juice and top with shredded cheese and chopped cilantro.

With all of the fresh lettuce, chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, lean beef, beans. sour cream, salsa, chopped fresh jalapenos, and guacamole, we don't bother having anything else with them. I just have tacos with a side of more tacos...:pig:

Last edited:
you can make a Mexican/Spanish rice, or refried beans for sides.

CarolPA has plenty of salasa. She might be willing to share. :LOL:

Sorry, I should have waited for replies before I put it down the disposal.

I put so much in my tacos that they are a meal in themselves. Rice, refried, beans, black beans, lettuce, tomato, onion. They are overflowing. The last time I made them I used a packaged seasoning mix with the meat and our blood pressure went sky high. Never again. I will just mix the salsa in with the meat and let it season the meat.

Sorry, I should have waited for replies before I put it down the disposal.

I put so much in my tacos that they are a meal in themselves. Rice, refried, beans, black beans, lettuce, tomato, onion. They are overflowing. The last time I made them I used a packaged seasoning mix with the meat and our blood pressure went sky high. Never again. I will just mix the salsa in with the meat and let it season the meat.

Here's a salt-free taco seasoning mix recipe if you want to make your own: Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

Last edited:
I am planning to make beef tacos for dinner and I can't figure out what to have with them. Any ideas? I am really feeling stuck.

If you absolutely need something else I find wings work well.

Attachments

• wings & tacos.jpg
    wings & tacos.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 250
With all of the fresh lettuce, chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, lean beef, beans. sour cream, salsa, chopped fresh jalapenos, and guacamole, we don't bother having anything else with them. I just have tacos with a side of more tacos...:pig:
That's what I was thinking. I like the way you put that, "...tacos with a side of more tacos...:pig:"

This is how we do it too.

When we do tacos we always have them ala carte. We use small tortillas like the taco trucks use. They're served and consumed as they come off the cooker. We also like to stand around the comal while eating. I like to top mine with chopped onions, cilantro, and salsa only. I can eat a dozen on a good day. And beer of course...:)
This is our taco ritual.

Last edited:
I almost always have refried beans because I like. Recently I made spicy pinto beans, not all smashed up. Guacamole is a terrific side too.

I agree with all the above. Also, corn with minced red peppers and a few minced japs, or corn on the cob smeared with a mix of chili powder, mayo, lime juice. A type of slaw made with shredded onion, maybe radish, and/or jicama with vinegar and sweetener.

Last edited:
What does everyone use as the "taco" itself? I prefer fresh made corn tortillas.

Here, the crisp corn storebought shells. Or Tostitos. In Mexico, soft corn or flour.

Back
Top Bottom