Tasty Tuesday - November 5th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pictures guys!

My sweet neighbor brought over some of her homemade Chorizo, the kind one can trust doesn't have pig snouts, ears and the like. I cooked it up with some eggs and plopped it into burner toasted flour tortillas with grated cheese and chopped cilantro for a quick and delicious supper. I must get her recipe. She grinds her own pork shoulder for it.

It's going to be a braised pork loin with bread dumplings.

img_1317215_0_c4052c4879fc6222b59eaeef5e532fcb.jpg

Thought I would post how it turned out. Super tender and juicy. :yum: Sorry about the green plate......not that photogenic is it:rolleyes:

img_1317215_1_de28ee8c9476862d1201a161c7e33b50.jpg

Last edited:
Good lookin' dinner as always, Harry. :ohmy::yum: And thank you for all you do for your local kitchen/cafe. It's inspiring, and I'm sure it's very much appreciated. I've been stockpiling shelf stable things for a while now, getting it ready for the Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets. Everything helps. :)
As for tonight's dinner, not sure yet what that will be. And I know I don't feel like cooking. Might stop by Miso Sushi for some California rolls to bring home. :)
cheers chezza "every little helps".little & often will crack the problem mate!
sushi sounds good to me...yum!

Shepherds' pie would certainly hit the spot.
I had to Google the baby squid, Harry. I like the variety of seafood in your dish. Great textures. Nice looking dinner.
I'm going to have spaghetti with a tomato sauce.
Spaghetti is born.
soz buddy,never thought to post what chipirones were!texture's were good. "crunchy" prawns,soft mussels,tender squid & then the mushrooms...ooh la la:yum:!!
nice looking,super tasty,dinner you've rustled up there pac!!

Nice pictures guys!
My sweet neighbor brought over some of her homemade Chorizo, the kind one can trust doesn't have pig snouts, ears and the like. I cooked it up with some eggs and plopped it into burner toasted flour tortillas with grated cheese and chopped cilantro for a quick and delicious supper. I must get her recipe. She grinds her own pork shoulder for it.
thanks kay.your dinner sounds "right up my alley"!almost a bit of a "huevos rancheros" going on there! very tasty!

Thought I would post how it turned out. Super tender and juicy. :yum: Sorry about the green plate......not that photogenic is it:rolleyes:
plates fine rjdawg,so's the piccie.it's what's on it that counts & that looks bloody tasty to me mate:yum:!!

Waddle waddle waddle. I walked the 10 blocks or so to vote in local elections today. Treated myself to a neighborhood Mexican buffet for a late lunch. I didn't really put that much on my plate, although by the time I added a dollop of diff sauces et al the plate looked full. They make Baked chix wings in chili sauce and unspecified fruit juice glaze. Never tried them on their appy menu. Tasty, not spicy, Sticky. I had to go wash my fingers after eating two of those. I should have checked to see one was a Leftie and a Rightie and stopped right there. I also had a small enchilada w/ mole' sauce, some spicy shredded chix and Really spicy ground beef in two soft shell corn tortillas, piled w/ taco makings and a spoonful of seasoned pintos. Several small pieces of melon and pina for dessert. Total charge just under $10 before drinks, tax and drinks. No dinner for me tonight.
sounds damn tasty whiska & bloody good value too,mate!!.
i've got an early dentist appt this morning.my son lives in the same part of manchester,so i'll meet up with him after the dentist,jump on a tram into the city centre & hit china town for lunch.there's some pretty darn good buffet places there.there's one in particular where the local chinese shop & office workers eat.so that's the one we usually go to.
after lunch we'll probably watch a film in the "imax"theatre at the printworks then have a few beers in the "northern quarter".it's where most of the good bars,clubs & restaurants are:cool:

Thanks, Harry.
The rest of the community might have heard of chipirones, but I hadn't. Squid isn't very popular here and I've only seen it in the stores a couple times.

Waddle waddle waddle. I walked the 10 blocks or so to vote in local elections today. Treated myself to a neighborhood Mexican buffet for a late lunch. I didn't really put that much on my plate, although by the time I added a dollop of diff sauces et al the plate looked full. They make Baked chix wings in chili sauce and unspecified fruit juice glaze. Never tried them on their appy menu. Tasty, not spicy, Sticky. I had to go wash my fingers after eating two of those. I should have checked to see one was a Leftie and a Rightie and stopped right there. I also had a small enchilada w/ mole' sauce, some spicy shredded chix and Really spicy ground beef in two soft shell corn tortillas, piled w/ taco makings and a spoonful of seasoned pintos. Several small pieces of melon and pina for dessert. Total charge just under $10 before drinks, tax and drinks. No dinner for me tonight.
Crumbs, that's olny about 7 quid. You can eat better for less in America than you can over here.

Nice pictures guys!

I keep asking for a sausage filling attachment for my Kenwood mixer (a bit like a Kitchenaid but not as posh) for Christmas but I think I'll have to buy my own. I'm very partial to any member of the sausage family but especially chorizo.

(I smiled at the bit about pig's ears. When I was a little girl we lived next door to the butcher. Whenever I was ill with some childhood diseases he would send me a couple of pig's ears or a pig's tail as a treat for my tea. Loved them. I chomped on the gristly bits of the ears and when I'd picked the meat of the tail I'd suck the bones. Disgusting but I was only little,)

Great pictures everyone! It all looks and sounds so good. :yum:
I'll have to make spaghetti soon, after seeing Pac's photo...haven't had it in quite a while. Rocketdawg, it doesn't matter what color plate your pork loin meal is on - it looks really yummy. :ohmy: Harry, your cream sauce sounds incredible. And the stuffed pork chops with craisins...I could go for that. The trouble with reading all these daily menus is I want one of everything. :LOL:

Nothing much to speak of for me. Various cheeses and crackers, and an apple. :)

Thanks, Harry.
The rest of the community might have heard of chipirones, but I hadn't. Squid isn't very popular here and I've only seen it in the stores a couple times.
shame mate:(!!dead easy to find them over here.£4/$6 for a half kilo/just over a lb,bag.only need seconds in a very hot pan/wok...sweet & tender:yum:!!

Great pictures everyone! It all looks and sounds so good. :yum:
I'll have to make spaghetti soon, after seeing Pac's photo...haven't had it in quite a while. Rocketdawg, it doesn't matter what color plate your pork loin meal is on - it looks really yummy. :ohmy: Harry, your cream sauce sounds incredible. And the stuffed pork chops with craisins...I could go for that. The trouble with reading all these daily menus is I want one of everything. :LOL:

Nothing much to speak of for me. Various cheeses and crackers, and an apple. :)
cheers chezza!! cheese & crackers?now't wrong wi' thaat ah'll tell thee,cocker!!.to be read in a broad bolton accent.roughly translates as " sounds absolutely perfect to me old friend":LOL:!!

Back
Top Bottom