Tax Day Dinner....4-15-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I just looked and couldn't find a thread. Got my taxes done and e-filed about 2 weeks ago.

I had a skillet dinner of kielbasa coins, slivered red and green bells, and onions. Ended up scooping some onto on a toasted onion roll and called that good. Fruit on the side.

What was on your plate this afternoon-evening? :chef:

Last edited:
I was just about to post the dinner thread about tax day, and I'm glad I did a quick check before I submitted the thread. By the way, it's only tax day for us Yanks.

Had some obligations around the dinner hour, so it was American Chop Suey for dinner tonight.

...Got my taxes done and e-filed about 2 weeks ago...

Got my and SO's taxes done and filed about 2 hours ago...

Dinner tonight was a pan fried ham steak, cinnamon mashed sweet potato, steamed string beans and beets (for SO).

Got my and SO's taxes done and filed about 2 hours ago...

Dinner tonight was a pan fried ham steak, cinnamon mashed sweet potato, steamed string beans and beets (for SO).

An inch is as good as a mile....or so a similar saying goes. :LOL: I was earlier this year than I usually am...UGH. :LOL:

Burrata with grilled grapes and bruschetta with grapes, onions, prosciutto and gorgonzola.

Attachments

• 2019-04-15 17.46.55.jpg
    2019-04-15 17.46.55.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 140
Himself is my tax guy. He submitted everything a week or two ago. Good thing, since he doesn't feel good today.

There are plenty of leftovers in the fridge. Some for tonight - maybe even enough for tomorrow?

I sent my return, and a month's income, via e-file just a few minutes ago. I had to hold onto it as long as possible. Tax "reform" wasn't very kind to me. I got my a** kicked.

So, dinner tonight was a quarter-pound hot dog... with mustard. I can still afford that -- I think. :(

CD

We've been trying a Vegan thing lately, so I had General Tso's Fake Chicken and green beans. Honestly, it wasn't bad. The sauce was good, with a nice light flavor. I have a collection of hot sauces, which tops the dish off nicely.

Baked, breaded Haddock with tartar sauce made a few days ago.. Sauteed zucchini/yellow squash and a green salad...

Butterscotch pudding for dessert..

Ross

Last Night's Comfort....Beanies & Weenies...
Hot Dog Nuggets in Baked Beans, with Bacon, Sweet Peppers and Onions, in a Carolina (Mustard) BBQ Sauce - Spuds and Peas 'n Corn are Lefties.

Franks & Beans.jpg

Last night family had Domino's Pizza (which I don't really like). I had a Wendy's Half Apple Pecan Chicken Salad.

I sent my return, and a month's income, via e-file just a few minutes ago. I had to hold onto it as long as possible. Tax "reform" wasn't very kind to me. I got my a** kicked.

So, dinner tonight was a quarter-pound hot dog... with mustard. I can still afford that -- I think. :(

CD

So did I. But most of that was due to inheriting my late husband's 401K, since I had to report that as part of my income. It's nice having the extra money, but the taxes I had to pay on it wasn't fun.

Dinner was a couple of soft tacos and some soup.

I mailed my extension over the weekend so I'm good for another six months. I don't like filing extensions. I usually file my returns on time, and several weeks early.

I oven broiled a tri tip roast last night. That with some asparagus and wild rice.

Back
Top Bottom