Ten-Four, What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am fixing comfort food for DH; Spanish rice and refried beans. Yesterday he had an extremely stressful day at work; loading and unloading and using and loading and unloading a 20,000 pound piece of rented equipment. He told his boss he would never do that again.

What's happening at your place?

backatcha good buddy!! 10-4

Well, the wind has died down, so I plan, and I stress plan, on grilling some Cheese Burgers with Pepsi and Chips ... HA! Isn't that a SNL skit? :LOL:

Now I say plan because our adjoining wall to our neighbor to the right is being demo'd for a 3rd, THIRD repair! We haven't even lived here for a year yet,
GEEZ!!! So I just hope that there's isn't too much debris, making it impossible to grill out back *shrug*

Roasted tomato, with fennel, carrot, onion, garlic, with black forest ham, gruyere grilled cheese sammies.

Attachments

• 2017-10-04 17.23.17.jpg
    2017-10-04 17.23.17.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 165
I'm resorting to a meal of orange chicken with bamboo shoots, mushrooms, red bell pepper, onions and scallions all over white rice.

Had a group meeting with our Senior Advantage medical care provider today so they could explain that they are so wonderful that we shouldn't be alarmed with having our monthly premium being raised.. :neutral:

Instead of cooking, we stopped for fast food.. HB for Jeannie, HD for me..

They were much better than the meeting.. :wacko:

Ross

Reservations. Mrs. T wanted to go out for dinner on my birthday (which was yesterday), and asked where I wanted to go. As I just hit that age where I can qualify for a lot of discounts, I thought that the most appropriate restaurant would be Applebees, where we could go for the early bird special and get a seniors discount. Mrs. T would have none of that. We went to a relatively new riverfront restaurant (which isn't open Mondays and Tuesdays) and were able to eat on the deck during an unseasonably warm 72 degree evening. We shared orders of mussels and lobster, grilled scallops over forbidden rice, roast brussel sprouts, and green beans and pistachios, accompanied bya bottle of Rodney Strong Chardonnay. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable. Will definitely go back.

A slight repeat of yesterday's easy hot dog supper. Today's addition is a can of Wolf's no bean chili with chopped onions. And corn. There's still ice cream and root beer for floats. < good thing I didn't think of these all summer.

Eta: 10 Speed, Happy birthday. Mrs T is a smart lady.

Last edited:
Reservations. Mrs. T wanted to go out for dinner on my birthday (which was yesterday), and asked where I wanted to go. As I just hit that age where I can qualify for a lot of discounts, I thought that the most appropriate restaurant would be Applebees, where we could go for the early bird special and get a seniors discount. Mrs. T would have none of that. We went to a relatively new riverfront restaurant (which isn't open Mondays and Tuesdays) and were able to eat on the deck during an unseasonably warm 72 degree evening. We shared orders of mussels and lobster, grilled scallops over forbidden rice, roast brussel sprouts, and green beans and pistachios, accompanied bya bottle of Rodney Strong Chardonnay. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable. Will definitely go back.

Mrs. T made the right call. Sounds MUCH better than anything at Applebee's.

CD

I fried some leftover flatiron steak, sliced thin, in a little bit of bacon fat, and put it on a bun between two slices of white American cheese. Kind of a round cheesesteak. Some fries on the side.

CD

Tonight I made Lamb Vindaloo.

I have a potluck coming up next week at work that celebrates the Indian festival of Diwali, so I've been making and trying out some dishes this week. For the past 6 years, I'm the only American in my office that's been repeatedly been invited to participate in the potluck. However, unlike my Indian and Pakistani coworkers, I have to practice and research the food and culture, in order to not embarrass myself. :LOL:

I have been ordering groceries online. Most of the time that's great, but there can be surprises. I ordered ground pork and got "escalope", which is French for "scallopini, in other words, sliced to about a half a centimetre thick. So, I finally got around to cooking it into schnitzel. It was easier than pounding the meat, but not quite as tender, but still really good. Served it with potatoes. I wanted to do veg, but I wouldn't have made supper if I had had to put in more effort.

Happy birthday-happy year, tenspeed! And canned soup at home is better than Applebee's, IMO.

...we stopped for fast food.. HB for Jeannie, HD for me...
HB? HD? :huh: Could you translate, please?

We had mostly leftovers - mac-and-cheese, potato salad, coleslaw for Himself - along with fried cod from the grocery store, and sliced tomatoes. Still didn't make enough room in the fridge. I shopped...and now have overflow produce in a cooler with a juice bottle of ice. :wacko:

Happy birthday-happy year, tenspeed! And canned soup at home is better than Applebee's, IMO.

HB? HD? :huh: Could you translate, please?
Sorry CG... I thought that "fast food" would be a giveaway...
Med is correct... Hamburger and Hot Dog... :)

Note to self: never assume, Ross..

and... Happy Birthday, tenspeed...

Ross

This is Chief Dan Matthews and I am going 10-7 for cop food, ten-four, ten-four, ten-four!

bcrawford.jpg

Last edited:
Mom had a Dr appointment yesterday at 1pm, so we had had a light breakfast, and I fixed what would have been for breakfast for supper last night. Homemade french toast with a wildflower honey ham steak. First time I've tried one of those and it was pretty good. I also got a cherry-wood smoked one. Think I will fix that with some mac&cheese and a salad for supper tonight.

Yesterday was my birthday and I got to pick anywhere to go for dinner. I picked a local fish 'n chips place. I love our new town - there are so many great places to eat very close.

We ended up sharing a platter for two. It had Halibut strips, large shrimp and onion rings, all battered and fried, over a bed of the best fries around and a side of coleslaw. There was more than enough food for both of us and it was crazy good! Best birthday food ever! (well next to crescent hot dogs stuffed with cheese and served with tater tots when I was a kid!

Made in the Instant Pot, 4 minute cook time.
Homemade Minestrone Soup

minestrone_soup_homemade_100417_1_IMG_3198.jpg

Topped with freshly grated parmesan & romano cheese

minestrone_soup_homemade_100417_2_IMG_3200.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom