"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Ten-Four, What's for dinner?

I am fixing comfort food for DH; Spanish rice and refried beans. Yesterday he had an extremely stressful day at work; loading and unloading and using and loading and unloading a 20,000 pound piece of rented equipment. He told his boss he would never do that again.

What's happening at your place?

Old 10-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
backatcha good buddy!! 10-4

Well, the wind has died down, so I plan, and I stress plan, on grilling some Cheese Burgers with Pepsi and Chips ... HA! Isn't that a SNL skit?

Now I say plan because our adjoining wall to our neighbor to the right is being demo'd for a 3rd, THIRD repair! We haven't even lived here for a year yet,
GEEZ!!! So I just hope that there's isn't too much debris, making it impossible to grill out back *shrug*

Old 10-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Roasted tomato, with fennel, carrot, onion, garlic, with black forest ham, gruyere grilled cheese sammies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-04 17.23.17.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	28085  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm resorting to a meal of orange chicken with bamboo shoots, mushrooms, red bell pepper, onions and scallions all over white rice.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
Head Chef

Had a group meeting with our Senior Advantage medical care provider today so they could explain that they are so wonderful that we shouldn't be alarmed with having our monthly premium being raised..

Instead of cooking, we stopped for fast food.. HB for Jeannie, HD for me..

They were much better than the meeting..

Ross
Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #6
Head Chef

Reservations. Mrs. T wanted to go out for dinner on my birthday (which was yesterday), and asked where I wanted to go. As I just hit that age where I can qualify for a lot of discounts, I thought that the most appropriate restaurant would be Applebees, where we could go for the early bird special and get a seniors discount. Mrs. T would have none of that. We went to a relatively new riverfront restaurant (which isn't open Mondays and Tuesdays) and were able to eat on the deck during an unseasonably warm 72 degree evening. We shared orders of mussels and lobster, grilled scallops over forbidden rice, roast brussel sprouts, and green beans and pistachios, accompanied bya bottle of Rodney Strong Chardonnay. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable. Will definitely go back.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #7
Executive Chef

A slight repeat of yesterday's easy hot dog supper. Today's addition is a can of Wolf's no bean chili with chopped onions. And corn. There's still ice cream and root beer for floats. < good thing I didn't think of these all summer.

Eta: 10 Speed, Happy birthday. Mrs T is a smart lady.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:34 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Roasted tomato, with fennel, carrot, onion, garlic, with black forest ham, gruyere grilled cheese sammies.
We had the dumbed down version of your meal medtran. Good old Campbell's tomato soup with grilled cheese (Kraft singles).
Old 10-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #9
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Reservations. Mrs. T wanted to go out for dinner on my birthday (which was yesterday), and asked where I wanted to go. As I just hit that age where I can qualify for a lot of discounts, I thought that the most appropriate restaurant would be Applebees, where we could go for the early bird special and get a seniors discount. Mrs. T would have none of that. We went to a relatively new riverfront restaurant (which isn't open Mondays and Tuesdays) and were able to eat on the deck during an unseasonably warm 72 degree evening. We shared orders of mussels and lobster, grilled scallops over forbidden rice, roast brussel sprouts, and green beans and pistachios, accompanied bya bottle of Rodney Strong Chardonnay. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable. Will definitely go back.
Mrs. T made the right call. Sounds MUCH better than anything at Applebee's.

CD
Old 10-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #10
Head Chef

I fried some leftover flatiron steak, sliced thin, in a little bit of bacon fat, and put it on a bun between two slices of white American cheese. Kind of a round cheesesteak. Some fries on the side.

CD

Tags
dinner