"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #11
Senior Cook

One of best things in life BBQ brisket. Its kind of wierd no one around my area (until hickory river) has ever tried brisket. It used to even be very hard to find . One day i was bound determined to try it. Me and dad were doing my granite floors. Well i started it at midnight and it was ready at about 1-2pm the next day. You talk about good. It was the best thing i had ever ate and wow i was impressed at my first attempt. I made in on a weber bullet. Unfortunatly we can't get sausages like you have like that around here though. Just the generic stuff you buy in the store that doesn't taste all that great. Anyways looks great.

If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen!!!
ncage1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #12
Head Chef
****, id love to learn to smoke my own brisket.

yeah, this place is phenomenal, it got rated #1 BBQ in the city in 05, 06, 07

Its a small whole in the wall, they serve your food weighed out on a scale, and then just throw it on butcher paper. serve yourself, no plates, no frills.

3..2..1.. HUSTLE! HUSTLE!
Mylegsbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
If the "Q" is that good it must be run by somebody from Mississippi!
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #14
Executive Chef
Mylegsbig, does this outfit have a few other locations as well? I seem to remember reading about some small, hole-in-the-wall type BBQ place in Houston (or was it Dallas?), that closed at 4 pm, or whenever they sold out of Q. If they sold out, they'd put up a sign directing customers to one of their other locations.

I can't remember what the name of the restaurant was, or the name of the cookbook I read that in.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #15
Head Chef
different spot mate, ive heard of that one
3..2..1.. HUSTLE! HUSTLE!
Mylegsbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #16
Master Chef
Allen - you are probably talking about the original Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse at 2202 Inwood Road in Dallas, TX ... open 10am - 4pm or until the food runs out. FWIW - I worked down the street from there for a couple of years and I never saw them stay open until 4pm!

They have opened some other locations with longer hours ... better ambiance ... but they just don't measure up to the flavor of that little hole-in-the-wall original place.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Michael in FtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #17
Master Chef
I think it looks wonderful... and although I love the 'fire' factor, I would have to cut back a bit on the jalapenos.. but that is just me, it looks so tasty... my mouth is watering!!!

sattie is offline   Reply With Quote