Texas BBQ (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
Today's Lunch and dinner -

Got to love Houston BBQ

hope you enjoy :)

img_442942_0_aac413d9c15126c3dd4a27357013840f.jpg

img_442942_1_cc80d4e06661a1fd6375553ecd518348.jpg

img_442942_2_b03d077b58b3b603b53d2b7c133a6417.jpg

img_442942_3_757f7a59f8a3358c140786e863fbfe62.jpg

img_442942_4_9b468480e7d0f852f0c643c82da9a083.jpg

img_442942_5_d4e0ad737f6952619d1e6394adf55bd2.jpg

img_442942_6_7d650340a71e5eaa0fe5ba405cab82b6.jpg

Luling City Market, Houston TX.

I don't know how to smoke meat.

This is the one thing im gonna miss most about Houston.

If any of you are ever in the Area, this is the best beef in town.

Last edited:
That does look good, MLB! Looks like about 3+ lbs of meat ... a pound of ribs, a pound of sausage, and 1-1.5 lbs of sliced brisket. As Rachel Ray would say, Yummo!

Of course, as a Texan, I would have to ask - where' s the beans, 'tater salad, coleslaw and white bread?

But, I would agree with fireweaver - I would have to 86 a bunch of them jalepenos.

Last edited:
Never thought I would enjoy sausage "a la Q" until I went to a family reunion in Dallas last year. Pretty good!

and ditto on the jalapenos. I like the tortilla idea, though.

Michael, i don't eat beans, i don't eat tater salad, i don't eat cole slaw :)

I like my barbecue on corn tortilllas with a sh*tload of roasted chile peppers.

Cheers Mike.

Now Accepting Applications for Allen's BBQ Basic Training Bootcamp.

If you ever make it up this way, as long as you pay tuition (some beer :) ), I'll show you how to smoke some meat.

That brisket looks pretty good. That's something I'm going to attempt this year.

wow

One of best things in life BBQ brisket. Its kind of wierd no one around my area (until hickory river) has ever tried brisket. It used to even be very hard to find . One day i was bound determined to try it. Me and dad were doing my granite floors. Well i started it at midnight and it was ready at about 1-2pm the next day. You talk about good. It was the best thing i had ever ate and wow i was impressed at my first attempt. I made in on a weber bullet. Unfortunatly we can't get sausages like you have like that around here though. Just the generic stuff you buy in the store that doesn't taste all that great. Anyways looks great.

Ncage

****, id love to learn to smoke my own brisket.

yeah, this place is phenomenal, it got rated #1 BBQ in the city in 05, 06, 07

Its a small whole in the wall, they serve your food weighed out on a scale, and then just throw it on butcher paper. serve yourself, no plates, no frills.

Mylegsbig, does this outfit have a few other locations as well? I seem to remember reading about some small, hole-in-the-wall type BBQ place in Houston (or was it Dallas?), that closed at 4 pm, or whenever they sold out of Q. If they sold out, they'd put up a sign directing customers to one of their other locations.

I can't remember what the name of the restaurant was, or the name of the cookbook I read that in.

Allen - you are probably talking about the original Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse at 2202 Inwood Road in Dallas, TX ... open 10am - 4pm or until the food runs out. FWIW - I worked down the street from there for a couple of years and I never saw them stay open until 4pm!

They have opened some other locations with longer hours ... better ambiance ... but they just don't measure up to the flavor of that little hole-in-the-wall original place.

I think it looks wonderful... and although I love the 'fire' factor, I would have to cut back a bit on the jalapenos.. but that is just me, it looks so tasty... my mouth is watering!!!

Back
Top Bottom