TGI Friday (Dinner 12th of Aug)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not entirely sure what's for dinner - "they" are cooking in honor of my b-day.

I'm a bit nervous... I've seen 25 lbs of ribs on the counter, wild rice, leeks, some Boursin, 5 lbs of key limes and a bag of pretzels. Somehow I suspect that this isn't a quite family dinner.

Janet H said:
I'm not entirely sure what's for dinner - "they" are cooking in honor of my b-day.

I'm a bit nervous... I've seen 25 lbs of ribs on the counter, wild rice, leeks, some Boursin, 5 lbs of key limes and a bag of pretzels. Somehow I suspect that this isn't a quite family dinner.

Happy birthday, Janet! Many happy ribs!

Happy Birthday!!!!! Hmm that sounds like a party to me.. one questions...where's the chocolate??? :LOL:

Happy Birthday!!!!! Hmm that sounds like a party to me.. one questions...where's the chocolate??? :LOL:

I'm not sure?? Also not really sure how ribs fits into a vegetarian b-day dinner..
Like I said - I'm a bit nervous but am hoping there's some tonic to go with those limes :).

I'm not sure?? Also not really sure how ribs fits into a vegetarian b-day dinner..
Like I said - I'm a bit nervous but am hoping there's some tonic to go with those limes :).

And maybe some good gin too!!! :ohmy:

I went with the breaded.

Attachments

• shrimp & fries.JPG
    shrimp & fries.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 210
Happy birthday Janet!!

Hubby came home with King Crab Legs and my favorite bottle of wine......Kendal Jackson vintner's reserve Chardonnay. Forget roses, I'd rather have king crab and wine!! Whata guy!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeer's dinner!!
img_1036306_0_7a46591482eea150798513b129ddd889.jpg

Kayelle said:
Happy birthday Janet!!

Hubby came home with King Crab Legs and my favorite bottle of wine......Kendal Jackson vintner's reserve Chardonnay. Forget roses, I'd rather have king crab and wine!! Whata guy!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeer's dinner!!

Omg, Kay. We had the same wine at our little supper club! Good stuff, happy everything!

Pac, did you bread those? They look fantastic! Fries look to die for.

Last edited:
Kayelle said:
Your supper club sounds wonderful DL!! I wish I could join! Isn't that the best wine ever?
Trouble is it sure spoils me to my everyday "Chateau Box". :ermm::LOL:

Kayelle, best of all, it was " all you can eat" walleye night! ( who knew? Used to be just prime rib) Along with the full-fat salad bar, best evah beef barley soup, and Kendal Jackson, we had one spectacular meal! We never do all you can eat anythings!

Gotta love the Midwest!

Last edited:
Since it is Friday, it is hot dog night at the Beier's. DH will be having his GF,DF, Bavarian smokies on gluten free buns. Dad will have his plain wieners pureed with ketchup, grated onion and mustard, with some milk and bread to "fluff it up" - it really does taste like a fully loaded hot dog! I will be having an all beef wiener (large size) on a gluten free bun (because I like them not because I have to).

Root beer for me, the real stuff for the men and fresh blueberries and ice cream for dessert.

Oh, and PS - I eat pickles on my burgers - ain't the same without them!
I love pickles!...on almost all my sandwiches, dogs and burgers... dill

Well, I figured something out. I took some leftover steak from the fridge along with leftover penne and leftover sauteed onions and peppers. Heated them all in the microwave, tossed them together and then served it with some salsa in the top and tortilla chips on the side.
Some of the greatest meals come from leftovers!!

Mark had to have laser surgery on his eye late in the afternoon. On the way back, we just went to the supermarket and got sandwiches. He had a hearty roast beef sandwich with chips. I had a chicken salad sub and some cheese popcorn...iced tea for me, water for him.

Pac, did you bread those? They look fantastic! Fries look to die for.

Yes I did. The plates of flour and panko crumbs are still in the sink if you want a pic :LOL:
Thanks, Dawg.

lol, "chateau box" :LOL: Good one, Kay.

I almost never cook on Fridays. Early in our marriage -- heck, who am I kidding, before then -- I declared Fridays "my day". I love to cook, don't get me wrong. But our budget has always had wiggle room for drinks with friends at 5 and dinner after. We have a large group who we join for drinks, and then whoever happens to be free group together for dinner someplace. Last night it was pizza. I look forward to it all week.

Back
Top Bottom