TGI Friday (Dinner 12th of Aug)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm undecided at the moment. Guess it's time to check the freezer and see what's available. I may pull out a whole chicken and cook it up to make chicken and dumplings but there might be something else in there more appetizing.

Since I'll be up to my all-American elbows in tomatoes today, Glenn announced that we're going to hop on the Harley and head to a fish restaurant we love for our dinner tonight. Hooray!!!!! Can't wait. This place cooks the best catfish anywhere around and we haven't been there in quite a while.

Not sure of anything except that I don't want to cook! I feel kinda yucky - migraine which has giving me a very upset stomach.

Not sure of anything except that I don't want to cook! I feel kinda yucky - migraine which has giving me a very upset stomach.

Shame that's not good! Hope you feel better soon. Try rubbing peppermint oil or even the fresh leaves on your temples if you have. It helps.
Peppermint tea will also sooth an upset tummy.

Last edited:
Shame that's not good! Hope you feel better soon. Try rubbing peppermint oil or even the fresh leaves on your temples if you have. It helps.
Peppermint tea will also sooth an upset tummy.
Thank you

Tonight's offerings to please the palate are juicy and delicious ground beef patties (or chopped steak when you want it to sound better) grilled to perfection on the finest of gas grills and topped with a slice of award winning white cheddar cheese. This gustatory delight will be presented on a hearty and delicious custom baked bulkie roll and dressed with a substantial slice of yellow onion, a juicy slice of vine ripened tomato, slices of pickles so fresh they crunch and the finest of all mayonnaise from the kitchens of Best Foods (sold as Hellmann's East of the Rockies).

Tonight's offerings to please the palate are juicy and delicious ground beef patties (or chopped steak when you want it to sound better) grilled to perfection on the finest of gas grills and topped with a slice of award winning white cheddar cheese. This gustatory delight will be presented on a hearty and delicious custom baked bulkie roll and dressed with a substantial slice of yellow onion, a juicy slice of vine ripened tomato, slices of pickles so fresh they crunch and the finest of all mayonnaise from the kitchens of Best Foods (sold as Hellmann's East of the Rockies).

:ROFLMAO:
Only you could make a cheese burger with pickles sound this good!

I am going to the local Irish Pub for a "fellowship", all class members of my high school for the '70's. Tomorrow is the Crab Feast, then Pot Luck/Pool Party with a live band. I don't even plan on making the 9 am Breakfast on Sunday!!:stuart:

Dang Andy. That sounds as good as my hot dogs the other day ;^)

I feel fine. That doesn't mean I know what I am having yet though...

Still undecided, I'm getting hungry but nothing really sounds appetizing. Well except the fish restaurant Katie is going to, but I'd never make that by dinner time.....:)

Since it is Friday, it is hot dog night at the Beier's. DH will be having his GF,DF, Bavarian smokies on gluten free buns. Dad will have his plain wieners pureed with ketchup, grated onion and mustard, with some milk and bread to "fluff it up" - it really does taste like a fully loaded hot dog! I will be having an all beef wiener (large size) on a gluten free bun (because I like them not because I have to).

Root beer for me, the real stuff for the men and fresh blueberries and ice cream for dessert.

Oh, and PS - I eat pickles on my burgers - ain't the same without them!

I just got back from the store. I bought some shrimp.
I'm either going to bread them, or wrap them in bacon and grill them.

Our '60s/ '70s style supper club, close to home. They have all the old style salad bar standards, full fat everything, homemade Green Goddess dressing. Best beef barley soup I've ever had. We may split a blackened tuna steak with fully loaded baked potato. We were able to teach the bartender how to make a proper Rob Roy.

Still undecided, I'm getting hungry but nothing really sounds appetizing. Well except the fish restaurant Katie is going to, but I'd never make that by dinner time.....:)

Well, I figured something out. I took some leftover steak from the fridge along with leftover penne and leftover sauteed onions and peppers. Heated them all in the microwave, tossed them together and then served it with some salsa in the top and tortilla chips on the side.

Attachments

• SteakPasta_01.jpg
    SteakPasta_01.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 171
Back
Top Bottom