TGI Friday (Dinner plans 22nd of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My turkey burger was a little big for my bun, too... and it was a big bun! :pig:
If you look closely, you can see the caramelized onions tring to escape out of the crack.

Attachments

• turkey burger1.jpg
    turkey burger1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 187
  • turkey burger2.jpg
    turkey burger2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 256
Looks like a lot of us had problems finding large enough buns for our burgers last night lol!
That's why I went for pita bread and it was still a tight squeeze!

Dawgluver said:
This intrigues me.

It did me as well! Just oiled the muffin tins with olive oil so the wrappers wouldn't stick, then layered it all! Also made gluten-free Lasagna Cupcakes (my best friend and my Dad have Celiac), so I actually cooked corn macaroni, cooled, and used the noodles instead of wrappers. They both turned out great!

Sounds like you have a Weber. The main reason I went with a Ducane was their burner configuration. The Ducane gave me more room for indirect grilling than a comparative Weber.
Anything you read that gets BBQ'd, or smoked, figure to do your grilling on indirect heat. But now you know that ;) You'll probably have to give them a turn doing them with just the back burner lit, but that should work better for you. You might even be able to get buy with the front and rear burner on low... whatever gives you a grill temp below 300F.

Yes it's a Weber. I didn't get a choice in the matter since it was given to us. It was originally set up for natural gas and we converted it to propane. Can't complain since it was free! I couldn't get the grill below 350° with all the burners on low so was expecting it to take less time than the recipe I was following. I have more of everything so will experiment again in a few weeks. Next weekend we're going to move my son home from college (he graduated) and the following weekend we go visit my in-laws in Ann Arbor. I'm looking forward to trying them again though. The side that didn't char looked good. Just a bit dry.

My turkey burger was a little big for my bun, too... and it was a big bun! :pig:
If you look closely, you can see the caramelized onions tring to escape out of the crack.
YUMMO! I haven't had corn on the cob yet this year. This afternoon I'm taking a drive to get some good sweet corn. The local grocery store doesn't have great corn. Your burger looks great too!

Thanks Bean.
This was the first of the year's harvest for me. They were very tiny ears, what with May's non-stop rain and then our present drought. They were very sweet tasting though, so it was all good. The first ears are always small anyway. Maybe fresh corn will last late in the season to make up for it.

Yes it's a Weber. I didn't get a choice in the matter since it was given to us. It was originally set up for natural gas and we converted it to propane. Can't complain since it was free! I couldn't get the grill below 350° with all the burners on low so was expecting it to take less time than the recipe I was following. I have more of everything so will experiment again in a few weeks. Next weekend we're going to move my son home from college (he graduated) and the following weekend we go visit my in-laws in Ann Arbor. I'm looking forward to trying them again though. The side that didn't char looked good. Just a bit dry.

I have a three burner grill too. To maintain temps in the 250ºF-300ºF range, I have to go with one burner on low. I recommend starting the grill with all three burners then turn off two and turn down the third.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom