TGI Friday (Dinner plans 22nd of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
this is an unusual recipe for baked ziti. spaghetti sauce is added the mix of ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. i like the idea.

I like the idea too, Babe!

Too hot to cook... so either salads or we are going to eat out / get take out but I'm not turning on the oven or standing over a grill.

Something cold and light. Perhaps tuna salad and such.

I ended up being able to cobble together shrimp ceviche. I made some baked tortilla chips to go along with it. We can graze if hunger rears it's ugly head again.

Well the moink balls got made. I need to tweak them. We ate them but they were a bit overcooked. I had trouble keeping the grill "cool" enough. They cooked way faster than I was expecting and were a bit dry and one side got charred. I'll try them again with some changes. My grill has 3 burners, front middle and rear. Next time I'll only light the rear burner on low and see what happens. I had all 3 burners on low this time and had the balls all along the edge of the grill. If I only use the rear burner and still place the balls along the front edge I think they will do better. Because they cooked so fast and charred, I didn't get to add the glaze so we just dipped them in SBR's sauce.

Seeing I have to go tothe supermarket to get some more Ready Pac Bistro salads anyway, I think I'll pick up a fresh bake-it your-own-damn-self pizza. Maybe I'll have a nice Chianti with it, or maybe an Anchor Steam.

Lasagna Cupcakes!! Super easy...in muffin tins, line them with egg roll wrappers, meat sauce, ricotta, then add more layers and top with mozzarella. Mmmmm!!

gingerlaurie said:
Lasagna Cupcakes!! Super easy...in muffin tins, line them with egg roll wrappers, meat sauce, ricotta, then add more layers and top with mozzarella. Mmmmm!!

This intrigues me.

Bone in rib steak topped with guacamole, chips and home made mixed pepper salsa.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110722_211745.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110722_211745.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 212
It was hot--we postponed girls' night until tomorrow--I put in a 12-hour day and didn't think I'd be very good company, but since I was in charge of the drinks for GN, I had to feed myself. Because I had steak and pasta salad for lunch at 9:30 a.m., and it was HOT, I didn't think I'd be hungry. I was. Sorta fajitas using the last 2 wraps from the picnic, pepper steak, grilled peppers, onions, hot peppers, and topped with cheese. Since I'm leaving on Thursday, I didn't want to open another jar of homemade salsa. I'm trying to empy the fridge (gave up on the freezer).

The leftover picnic wraps/fajitas were good (or at least the dogs thought the ps I dropped on the "rolly cart" between the stove and the counter was worth the wait). I zapped the wraps in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Sorry. I can't find the camera (or the calling card, or the phone...I know the phone has a dummy button--but I can't find that manual either).

Last edited:
DH and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary at a local "supper club", decor a la 1968. Salad bar, full fat mayo stuff, and probably the best beef-barley soup evah!

We split a rare blackened tuna steak along with a loaded baked potato. They gave us two Rob Roys on the house. Something nice about living in a small town.:)

dh and i celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary at a local "supper club", decor a la 1968. Salad bar, full fat mayo stuff, and probably the best beef-barley soup evah!

We split a rare blackened tuna steak along with a loaded baked potato. They gave us two rob roys on the house. Something nice about living in a small town.:)

Happy Anniversary!

this is an unusual recipe for baked ziti. spaghetti sauce is added the mix of ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. i like the idea.

I always make mine with 3 cheeses so it doesn't sound unusual to me :)
We just call it mac 'n cheese here. Our mac 'n cheese always contains ground beef or sausages!

Well the moink balls got made. I need to tweak them. We ate them but they were a bit overcooked. I had trouble keeping the grill "cool" enough. They cooked way faster than I was expecting and were a bit dry and one side got charred. I'll try them again with some changes. My grill has 3 burners, front middle and rear. Next time I'll only light the rear burner on low and see what happens. I had all 3 burners on low this time and had the balls all along the edge of the grill. If I only use the rear burner and still place the balls along the front edge I think they will do better. Because they cooked so fast and charred, I didn't get to add the glaze so we just dipped them in SBR's sauce.

Sounds like you have a Weber. The main reason I went with a Ducane was their burner configuration. The Ducane gave me more room for indirect grilling than a comparative Weber.
Anything you read that gets BBQ'd, or smoked, figure to do your grilling on indirect heat. But now you know that ;) You'll probably have to give them a turn doing them with just the back burner lit, but that should work better for you. You might even be able to get buy with the front and rear burner on low... whatever gives you a grill temp below 300F.

I always make mine with 3 cheeses so it doesn't sound unusual to me :)
We just call it mac 'n cheese here. Our mac 'n cheese always contains ground beef or sausages!

I think the unusual part was mixing a little sauce in with the cheeses. Baked ziti here, the cheeses are usually left plain.

Back
Top Bottom