TGI Friday (Dinner plans 22nd of July)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I'm making Pita burgers with fried egg and homemade pickles and some juicy garden tomatoes :) and homemade mustard and chilli relish!

Last edited:
I'm making myself a cheeseburger with pasta salad. Mark is going to have a beef pattie with pasta salad and a couple pickles. I made the pasta salad this morning, and it turned out great!

Don't just gloat, tell us what was in it!!!!!! :LOL:
lol.... Well, I would have liked to put more vegies in it, but Mark enjoys it on the plain side. There is shredded carrot, a little red bell pepper, celery, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt-n-pepper, squirt of mustard and of course mayo. I enjoy a little bit of mustard. It give it a bit of a kick to the flavor.

lol.... Well, I would have liked to put more vegies in it, but Mark enjoys it on the plain side. There is shredded carrot, a little red bell pepper, celery, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt-n-pepper, squirt of mustard and of course mayo. I enjoy a little bit of mustard. It give it a bit of a kick to the flavor.

Sounds great VB :) I love adding mustard to anything with mayo, good combo!

Hello,

It's 101* and with the heat index, it feels more like 112* ... it's too hot to cook ANYTHING!

Dinner will be tuna salad, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, and ice cream for dessert and lots of water throughout the day. I am so thankful for my AC.

Enjoy the day and stay cool out there:chef:

It's my wife's birthday.. I have no idea what we're doing for dinner.
Today is my hubby's birthday. We were supposed to go out but after he injured his knee yesterday we will staying in. I'm going to FINALLY attempt moink balls. I may throw a couple of burgers on too. We have slaw in fridge and I may open some canned beans. Might throw them on the grill too in a CI skillet. It's really hot here today. Supposed to get up to 100° this afternoon actual temp which puts heat indexes higher.

Dinner all done, feel like having something sweet now :( Haven't wanted dessert in ages and now that I do there's nothing sweet in the house, typical!
Pita burgers went down well though, kinda glad Woolworths was out of burger buns lol!
Caty (my 9yr old) ate 2! Where does such a little tyke find the space? I can't even manage 2 they were the size of cake plates!

I'm going to grill some corn and a turkey burger stuffed with sautéed onions and SBR. I picked up some potato salad, too.

What is SBR?

Nectar of the gods...
:LOL:

It's a popular BBQ sauce here that you can purchase in the store. It's gained so much popularity in the past couple of years that it has acquired an acronym reference ;)

ETA: Sweet Baby Ray's

Nectar of the gods...
:LOL:

It's a popular BBQ sauce here that you can purchase in the store. It's gained so much popularity in the past couple of years that it has acquired an acronym reference ;)

ETA: Sweet Baby Ray's

Oh ok :) Hey we don't really use BBQ sauce in SA :P But we do make marinades with similar flavour. :LOL:

baked ziti. taking it to granddaughter's for her bday dinner. also romaine and strawberry salad, garlic bread, a veggie, leaning toward brocc. yellow cake with chocolate frosting. oh! and vanilla ice cream.

baked ziti. taking it to granddaughter's for her bday dinner. also romaine and strawberry salad, garlic bread, a veggie, leaning toward brocc. yellow cake with chocolate frosting. oh! and vanilla ice cream.

Yum yum double yum! Love baked Ziti, what cheeses did you use?
P.S Broccoli sounds like a good idea for a side with Ziti, Brocc and cheese!

this is an unusual recipe for baked ziti. spaghetti sauce is added the mix of ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. i like the idea.

Babe,
That sounds like what we call Lazy Lasagne. It has all the same great things but it is less work and great for groups of people.

Back
Top Bottom