TGI Friday June 24th - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning .. Cloudy but not as soupy as it's been the last few days.

Dinner tonight will be breaded and baked pork chops, smashed red potatoes, and steamed green beans and then drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Awww Bucky... I didn't see that movie yet.

;)

I think Jaws was the start of the shock value scenes like you mentioned. And don't forget rolling the clump of seaweed over in the beginning. It seems movies were a bit more subtle before that. Classic.

You talking fish made me decide to fix fish tonight with my grilled avocado and salsa.

And thanks Rock and Z for the tip on choosing a good one. They were all really mushy, like a baked potato, except for two that felt slightly soft under thumb pressure... and those are on my counter right now :)

I'm not cooking tonight. The 48 F-1 is on the road! We took it out for the first time last Saturday for a local car show. Still in Primer, but looking good, and running OK. Tonight is a cruise-in at the local Culvers. Guess we are having fast food and ice cream tonight!:angel:

We've had a busy last two days working on a small remodeling/house addition project so cooking is going to be easy.

Tonight we'll grill a nice thick ham slice, bake some sweet potatoes and saute some fresh zucchini from the garden. Not sure what dessert will be. Depends on how energetic I am after an afternoon working with Glenn on our project.

AnnieDrew's Creamy Mexican Crockpot Chicken, which I found on this forum.

I'm at the point where "sleep" is running neck-to-neck with "eat." I did find zucchini (yellow), green beans, b'sprouts in the veggie bin--might save those for tomorrow--boneless pork chops are sort of on my mind for tomorrow--hot peppers, red peppers, mushrooms, and the okra. I want to toast the quinoa (think I'll use the red), but--that jar is hiding in the fridge. Definitely nap is winning...now that I have to clean the fridge before I can eat...and I'm thinking the vinegrette should be with the lime olive oil and white wine vinegar...

I've got a tuna steak marinating in soy, honey and wasabi powder for my fish dish tonight.

Nothing will be cooking at my house tonight. I am exhausted! The pizza mentioned above sounds like the ticket. A pizza and a cocktail....Oh, Yeah!

I've got some wings marinating in some soy sauce, Italian Dressing, garlic powder and ginger. They'll be on the grill since I scrubbed it with bleach (thanks to pac and his dadgum mice :glare:). I'll dip them in Frank's hot sauce with butter and a little soy sauce when done. The sides will be baked potatoes and salad.

I've got some wings marinating in some soy sauce, Italian Dressing, garlic powder and ginger. They'll be on the grill since I scrubbed it with bleach (thanks to pac and his dadgum mice :glare:). I'll dip them in Frank's hot sauce with butter and a little soy sauce when done. The sides will be baked potatoes and salad.
You're gonna dip the mice in Frank's hot sauce? LOL J/K Asian Italian buffalo wings?

untitled.JPG
Time to wash up after eating at Mama's Grill.

:LOL:

pacanis said:
I've got a tuna steak marinating in soy, honey and wasabi powder for my fish dish tonight.

Torture. Tuna steak is the new filet mignon for us. Gotta find some more!

Well...here come the storms and I'm not grilling in the parlor :)rofl:) so I guess those wings will be marinating until tomorrow. Headed to Chick-fil-A.....

Cubed B/S chicken breast dipped in seasoned tempura batter (flour, baking soda & water) and fried in peanut oil, salad (red& green butter lettuce, baby spinach and spring mix, vine tomato, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds) tossed with homemade dressing (a combo of EVOO, canola oil, flaxseed oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika) and pasta salad.

img_1016069_0_758446464bfc12edc84aeccbc42469a7.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom