TGI Friday June 24th - What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The black bean & corn salsa is made.
black bean & corn salsa.jpg

Now my biggest decision is who's eating first... me or the dogs :neutral:
I'll have to fire up the grill and think on that one.

left over shrimp chow mien. green salad. i have a almond pound cake cooling. that will be dessert. i have a hard time chewing nuts. so i roasted the almond slivers and crushed them up with meat mallet. added those to the batter.

We were out taking care of errands and did some shopping at Costco so while we were out we stopped at Chick-fil-a for dinner.

The warm toasted quinoa veggie salad dressed with the lime olive oil-white wine vinegar vinegrette and dressed with cherry tomatoes, feta, and purple "green onions" was excellent. I added steamed edamene and green beans to the stir-fried veggies (zucchini, okra, eggplant, sweet red pepper, mushrooms, hot banana pepper (1/4), tomatoesl.fresh garlic). I have a pic, but I can't seem to add it. And, served on a bed of red lettuce from the garden.

I'm still full. I used the red quinoa--3/4 c before cooking.

Attachments

• quinoa salad 008.jpg
    quinoa salad 008.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I can never find that grilling thread... no sense starting my own thread for this one.
Dinner.

Attachments

• grilled dinner 6-24-11-1.jpg
    grilled dinner 6-24-11-1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 141
  • grilled dinner 6-24-11-2.jpg
    grilled dinner 6-24-11-2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 148
  • grilled dinner 6-24-11-3.jpg
    grilled dinner 6-24-11-3.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 150
  • grilled dinner 6-24-11-4.jpg
    grilled dinner 6-24-11-4.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 166
Vadalia Onions, chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and "perfect pinch roasted garlic and bell pepper", mushrooms, mostly drained salt free chopped tomatoes, sugar, oregano, parsley and basil sauted in olive oil. Served over thin spaghetti noodles with Lemon Peppered salt free Green Beans on the side.

The one on the chimney? I just centered it and took it easy when I flipped the tuna. I'm not sure what you mean.
Pecanis.

I have tried the trick that you did in your picture post and it always fell over.

So I just get my grill up too 500.f when I am using it as a grill.

not much luck fishing today as the weather sucked. just a coupla small fluke. but it still was a good time. :)

img_1016168_0_dba415ca47c0bec829ba221d51e92824.jpg

img_1016168_1_86424eecfffcedea757e899c67172472.jpg

soaking wet and smelling of fish, we just ended up going to a perkins restaurant on the way home. it was a good day.

Bouillabaisse w/ cod perch hake scallops clams and lobster. fresh still warm homemade baguettes, cheeses, wine almonds, olives...so good. friends just left and dish washer is running :)

Love the pictures, Bucky, thanks for sharing. He is sure growing up! Glad the day was good, even if the fishing wasn't!

Baked Homemade Mac and Cheese, with sun dried toms and broccoli, Also grilled some Chicken Kielbasa. Garden fresh strawberries and parsley garnish :)

Attachments

• image-2910019951.jpg
    image-2910019951.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Love the pictures, Bucky, thanks for sharing. He is sure growing up! Glad the day was good, even if the fishing wasn't!

thanks, lp. like the expression says, a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

and nice sausage n mac, bunny. i could go for that right now.

Last edited:
Pecanis.

I have tried the trick that you did in your picture post and it always fell over.

So I just get my grill up too 500.f when I am using it as a grill.

I don't know what to say. I've done it a few times and it has never fallen over.

Everyones meals look and sound great!!

Nice pics Bucky!!

VB I wish I had a bowl of that soup right now. It looks so yummy. What's in it besides beef and barley (carrots, mushrooms, celery ...)?

That salsa look yummy pac.

I have never put broccoli in mac and cheese. I will have to try that. Looks great Bunny.

Last edited:
Thanks, MsM. I'll be eating it for the next week. Good thing it was tasty.

Everyones meals look and sound great!!

Nice pics Bucky!!

VB I wish I had a bowl of that soup right now. It looks so yummy. What's in it besides beef and barley (carrots, mushrooms, celery ...)?

That salsa look yummy pac.

I have never put broccoli in mac and cheese. I will have to try that. Looks great Bunny.

Broccoli and cheese, ham and cheese, mac and cheese. I love all 3 together in a one dish meal.

Back
Top Bottom