TGI Friday June 8th Menu Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Since I am up at this incredibly early hour and since I finally have some decent dinner plans I decided to start the thread.

DH's brother is coming over for dinner and since he has been batching it for the last several months, he loves to come over for a home cooked meal. He is a pretty big eater (and weighs next to nothing :wacko:) so I planned a good hearty meal with extras for him to take home.

I am making a three meat lasagna, with a beef bolognese sauce, an Italian sausage ragu and sliced pepperoni. It will also have mushrooms, bechemel, ricotta and of course mozzarella.

I'll serve a salad of spring greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber and red onion with a white balsamic vinaigrette and whole wheat baguette garlic bread.

DH is handling dessert so it will probably be homemade ice cream of some sort and fruit.

What's on the menu at your house?

The lasagna and salad sound delicious!

We are having some leftover fried rice (nasi goreng). I plan to add more veggies to it. I am marinading some chicken in sate spices (mainly cumin and coriander seeds with garlic and soy sauce). I'll be grilling those in the oven. Steamed broccoli will round out the meal. We don't usually do desert, but I did buy a watermelon today.

Not sure yet. We brought home a huge amount of local barbecue, along with baked beans, hash brown casserole and slaw from supper at Glenn's daughter's house last night and....it's beautiful here for June.

We're thinking about taking the motorcycle out for a nice long ride. When we do that, we could end up anywhere for supper. We just let the wind take us where it blows.

Whatever the case, we'll have a good meal, whether it's leftover barbecue or something else on the road.

I'm still working on cleaning out the freezer.

Tonight's dinner will be lamb and okra stew.

I have no clue. It will probably include Swiss chard. I have to head back to the house in the City where I'm working on cleaning out the freezer. I have a venison steak that I might thaw and eat. I haven't had red meat this week....

Oh man. I haven't had a peroni in YEARS. Mmmmmm.
hey alix
it is the best isn't it:yum:?,keep mine right at the bottom of the fridge so it's ice cold.the italians do make great beer,two other favs of mine are moretti & messina,trouble is i can't find messina in the shops anywhere & a couple of bars in manchester that did serve it don't stock it anymore...doh:mad:!
anyways,enough chit chat,go get a peroni(or three:LOL:!)

Oh Harry, I wish I COULD go get a cold peroni but alas, I'm working an evening shift tonight and they frown on us having a cold one before work! Its also only 9am here! ;)

Antibiotics count?? lol

But, as for actual food..probably going to cook a frozen pot pie my Mom made. I love it, heat the oven, throw it in, and in 45 minuutes you have dinner!

Oh Harry, I wish I COULD go get a cold peroni but alas, I'm working an evening shift tonight and they frown on us having a cold one before work! Its also only 9am here! ;)
9am? so you've already lost 2hours drinkin' time:ohmy::wacko::ROFLMAO:!
it's 4:30pm here so i'll be eating in 2 or 3 hours,i'll have one for you.cheers:cool:!

001.JPG

French Toast!

http://home.comcast.net/~danbuter/001.JPG

Last edited:
Since the morels arrived this morning, they will be a main ingredient. In what, remains to be decided.

I'll probably ice down a few Cave Creeks as well.

Last edited:
I must be on a radish kick lately, as I don't get tired of eating them and you only need to slice one or two in a salad, so a bunch lasts longer than expected. Today's radish salad wants to go with sliced red skin potatoes, onion, cukes, fresh sugar snap peas and a couple small tomatoes in a garlicy dijon vinaigrette. I was going to grill up some chicken, but this already seems like more than enough for dinner. Save the chix for manana.

I must be on a radish kick lately, as I don't get tired of eating them and you only need to slice one or two in a salad, so a bunch lasts longer than expected. Today's radish salad wants to go with sliced red skin potatoes, onion, cukes, fresh sugar snap peas and a couple small tomatoes in a garlicy dijon vinaigrette. I was going to grill up some chicken, but this already seems like more than enough for dinner. Save the chix for manana.

my very favorite radish treat is in a "maimaizite"--an open-faced sandwich on a base of good sourdough rye bread, buttered generously with unsalted butter, then topped with a layer of cottage cheese, lots of radish rounds and finished off with a sprinkling of spring green onions--so simple, so good....:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom