TGI Friday the 15th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
The basis of tonights din dins so far is the grill and squid.
Whats cooking fellow food fanatics?

We sill have rilled artichokes with minced garlic,evoo and white balsamic, grilled lamb chops with more garlic,rosemary the the salad I posted yesterday with warm Italian bread and butter, parmesan potatoes.
kadesma:)

I will be prepping some corned beef for the smoker, but that's for tomorrow's dinner... no idea on today yet. Maybe some loaded mac & cheese, but that might be kind of heavy for the weather we've been having. Although that's never stopped me before.
Open for suggestions.

I'll be busy with grandson all day so dinner will be out of the freezer again. Tonight will be spaghetti with meatballs and sausages in a tomato sauce and a tossed salad.

I've sliced cucumbers to make a salad w/shallots, honey, rice vinegar... but that's all the further I've gotten. =)~ I'm sure I'll dream up something else to go with it by the time dinner rolls around.

I will be prepping some corned beef for the smoker, but that's for tomorrow's dinner... no idea on today yet. Maybe some loaded mac & cheese, but that might be kind of heavy for the weather we've been having. Although that's never stopped me before.
Open for suggestions.

I suggest you send some of that corned beef this way before I kick your bahooky...lol!
How about making your Mac & Cheese like Pastitsio, with some mince, bechemel and covered in cheese or spinach and feta or add some smoked haddock or caramelized onions and some spicy mustard in the cheese sauce or add sweetcorn and chopped ham or add sour cream and chives......

I just realized that the squid is still in the freezer:mad: so the ribs that I rubbed for Saturday are now smoking on the BBQ:)

I suggest you send some of that corned beef this way before I kick your bahooky...lol!
How about making your Mac & Cheese like Pastitsio, with some mince, bechemel and covered in cheese or spinach and feta or add some smoked haddock or caramelized onions and some spicy mustard in the cheese sauce or add sweetcorn and chopped ham or add sour cream and chives......

I will keep that in mind... :LOL:
The pastrami won't get sliced until tomorrow, but I'll be thinking of you then ;)
I've already got plans for the macaroni; leftover spicy cheddar cheese curds, chorizo, vidalia onions (caramelized with the sausage) and broccoli. I like your thinking though. Some good looking ingredients there.

I will keep that in mind... :LOL:
The pastrami won't get sliced until tomorrow, but I'll be thinking of you then ;)
I've already got plans for the macaroni; leftover spicy cheddar cheese curds, chorizo, vidalia onions (caramelized with the sausage) and broccoli. I like your thinking though. Some good looking ingredients there.

I make a similar Mac with chopped Kasegrillers sausage and caramelized onion but add german mustard to my cheese sauce :)
Love broccoli in it too!
Do think of me when you have that pastrami!

I make a similar Mac with chopped Kasegrillers sausage and caramelized onion but add german mustard to my cheese sauce :)
Love broccoli in it too!
Do think of me when you have that pastrami!

I will have a wry smile ;)

The ribs should take another hours, the smoke was product using soaked apple wood branches(see red bucket) I also dug the spuds they are a waxy salad pot called charlotte which roast well in olive oil.
I will coat the ribs in sauce for the last 10 mins on the grill.
garden & BBQ 432.jpg

garden & BBQ 433.jpg

garden & BBQ 430.jpg

garden & BBQ 431.jpg

My husband and I are heading up to a local Street Fair tonight so I'm clueless as to what we will be eating. I'm not into junk food, so I may not be eating at all. lol

Nice potatoes Bolas, wanted to start growing my own again but I've created an entirely edible garden for the sake of my kids and with potato leaves being toxic I'm a bit scared they might try and eat them! Maybe I should plant sweet potatoes, there leaves are not poisonous :) The ribs look delicious! Wish my cable for my darn camera wasn't MIA so I could take some pics!

Soup from the leftover roasted cauliflower and carrots. Meat of some sort on the grill. Or maybe our favorite Mexican restaurant here.

Last edited:
I found this recipe for Shrimp Cobb Salad in the May issue of Cooking Light. It immediately attracted my attention because there was a picture of it on the cover.

shrimp-cobb-salad-ck-l.jpg

I'm not crazy about avacodos so I am going to use the traditional cooked egg, and I already have several regular tomatoes so I will dice one to use instead of cherry tomatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom