TGIF-Anyone Cooking 5/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning,

It's sunny, it's Friday, it's the beginning of a Holiday weekend ... I am happy.

Tonight's dinner will be pulled pork sandwiches and cole slaw on the side.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Haven't decided yet. Repairman is coming to check out the fridge this morning then I'll hit the grocery this afternoon and see what's available.

We're having a freezer meal. I'm defrosting a batch of meatballs and sausage in sauce. The pasta of the day will be either spaghetti or penne, depending on what's in the cabinet.

I took a big porterhouse out of the freezer this morning. I'll probably do the usual sides, grilled spuds, mushrooms, something green...

We still have some of Sunday's Roast Chicken to use up so I am going to try another chicken-bacon pizza on the grill.

Country style pork ribs in pineapple/hoisin/ginger/soy glaze and potatoes au gratin.

I still have the roast I need to use but we have roast beef sandwiches in our lunches so I am thinking no to the beef dips (also out of gluten free bread from the fact we are both taking sandwiches these days). Plus, we have a lot of odds and ends from the week.

I am thinking I will make some sort of appetizer with the last of the salmon, and beef kabobs from the roast along with the leftover mushrooms, peppers, etc. from other meals. Of course we will have some form of salad and a low calorie healthy dessert to be named later!

I think I'll do burgers on the grill. Have some potato salad in the fridge to go with them. Decided to forgo the grocery store today. Figured with the holiday weekend, the stores will be packed. I think I have enough stuff here to get us through the weekend.

Interesting. Butter chicken is what I planned for Friday night's dinner. A mid-course correction moved me to my current selection in its place.

This will have to happen early next week.

Friday night is Pizza night at our house. But, I don't care to eat pizza every week, so my wife and daugter usually have it. Then, Friday night becomes "something I like that the others don't care for night". They aren't fond of Indian, so I get to eat it all by myself....:pig:

Friday night is Pizza night at our house. But, I don't care to eat pizza every week, so my wife and daugter usually have it. Then, Friday night becomes "something I like that the others don't care for night". They aren't fond of Indian, so I get to eat it all by myself....:pig:

Lucky you!

We're lucky we have Indian neighbors on either side of us and they have been generous in helping me to learn their cooking. It all starts with their bringing us a sample of something I've made then we ask for the recipe.

I am making a homemade BBQ chicken pizza. The dough is from the store, then I add hoisin as the "sauce", then thin sliced chicken breast, sautéed Bermuda onion and Monterey jack cheese. And fruit salad on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom