TGIF, Dec 8, dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
left over mesquite marinated pork loin...roasted while wrapped in bacon.

garlic roasted mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower with spicy peppers as sides.

btw...what is "restaurant bbq"...do u mean like famous daves or is that a style of bbq'ing??

a large homemade Pizza, only this one`s rectangular as opposed to round, that way I get better space economy and more pizza area to eat :)

Meatball subs for main dish, haven't decided on sides yet, maybe greenbeans or homemade fries. Depends on how much time I have while putting up the Christmas tree!

I have no idea, I might do carry out ribs. Its only the beginning of December and I'm already tired of soups, stews, casseroles, etc.

Well tonight is Ken's work Christmas bash. We're going to put on our best glad rags and eat at an amazing buffet here in town. I'll try and remember to take a picture of us in our finery and post it. The only one eating dinner in our house tonight is Bugs. I don't know what she will be asking for.

I can't believe its 16 degrees outside today! I guess winter has finally arrived in New England! I'm making braised short ribs with a rich demi glace. On the side is horseradish mashed potatoes, buttered carrots and rolls.

Today is Friday and after I have my hair done I will be meeting a girlfriend and going out to dinner. At this time we are not sure what we want to eat.

Dinner plans are on hold at the moment. I was going to make turkey tamale pot pie but DH had lunch out and isn't feeling well at all now so he wasn't too keen on something spicy. I'm not feeling very inspired to come up with something else.

Dinner tonight is chuck roast. Normally I would throw it in the crock pot but this time I'm doing it in the oven. When I was a kid I'd ask mom if we were having "stringy meat" (didn't know what it was called). I still love stringy meat! Chuck is so nicely marbled it comes out falling apart tender regardless of how you cook it. :chef:

Fraidy

Flourgirl said:
I can't believe its 16 degrees outside today! I guess winter has finally arrived in New England!

I would expect that in New England in December. I sure didn't expect it overnight in west Tennessee last night! :LOL: But there you have it. BRRRRRRRR

Fraidy

FraidKnot said:
I would expect that in New England in December. I sure didn't expect it overnight in west Tennessee last night! :LOL: But there you have it. BRRRRRRRR

Fraidy

That heat wave (30's) is not here either. Something hot and crispy sounds good.

It's 4:35 & I don't have a clue yet!! I'll be running around in a tizzy very shortly. TC's first basketball game is tonight & I'm waiting on the guy to call me so I can pick up the jerseys for all 4 teams (hubby's over all our church teams) that were supposed to be ready by lunch time today. TC has a game at 7:00 tonight & the girls team has one at 8:00 so I have to help coach the first half of TC's game until hubby gets off work & gets there. Anyway, back to supper. TC can't eat before his game because he gets sick. I guess I'll run into the kitchen & get some chili thrown together & put in the crock pot to have when we get home tonight.

Im with you there yt about the rectangular pizza, I do that sometimes too.

Constance your meatloaf sandwiches sound great to me!

I'm doing a boring dinner of baked chicken breasts with some veggies tossed in the pan, some potatoes on the side. All I can tell you guys is that it's cold here and comfort food is in order. We had only about 1 inch of snow, but it was wet and quite heavy to shovel. Thankfully it should warm up a bit on the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom