TGIF Dinner August 17/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Kylie must be sleeping! :LOL:

I don't quite know what to make for dinner. We're all home tonight (WEIRD) and we've been living off the BBQ on our holidays. I want to make something homey. I'm thinking I could maybe do coq au vin, or something else saucy. I found a recipe for whip lash chicken that looks tasty. Chicken and sauce of some kind is on the menu.

I'm leaning toward chicken tacos (either today or tomorrow). I am the mood to make corn tortillas, but might make whole wheat ones and add some tomato powder...decisions, decisions. Or, maybe I should dehydrate some kale and make kale tortillas...

Kale tortillas sounds interesting. That reminds me, I have a pile of tortillas that might need to be used up. Chicken tacos or fajitas sounds good.

Friday Lunch Main Meal

Photo Courtesy: Margaux Cintrano Took These Photos

1) this is a herbed goat cheese served on a spoon
2) a fruit tart for dessert shared

The main course was fresh shellfish

Attachments

• carme cheese tasting.jpg
    carme cheese tasting.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 204
  • fruit tart carme.jpg
    fruit tart carme.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Kale tortillas sounds interesting. That reminds me, I have a pile of tortillas that might need to be used up. Chicken tacos or fajitas sounds good.
If I go with tacos tomorrow, I'd have time to dehydrate the kale, grind it, and add to the dough...decisions, decisions. I'll let you know if I make the kale tortillas.

Going to visit our best friend this evenin'..Mighty warm for the fire pit.
Chuck steaks, about 3/4 - 1 inch thick...good sear on both sides, finish in the oven, about 5 minutes.
Baked taters, tossed rabbit food, not sure what dressing will be used just yet.
Glass of bourbon with pickin' and grinnin' afterwards

Tonight we're having whole wheat wraps with steak, spinach, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and blue cheese. I love those!

Not sure what veggies will be yet. I have beets and kohlrabi in the fridge. It seems to me like those two could work together in a dish. Maybe some sort of slaw to go with the wraps.

We'll have something with hamburger. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. Have several casseroles that the family likes so maybe one of them.

Something different for you to try sometime....chicken pieces in a dish, a packet of french onion soup sprinkled over (dry), some mayonnaise, and some chutney (there is a brand called Mrs Balls which hails from South Africa, but I have seen it in shops in Texas!) a little water, cover and bake. Quick, easy and delish!

We're off to our role playing game tonight. Everyone brings their own supper. I'm making a snack supper: cubed cheeses, devilled eggs, crudités, homemade ranch dip, and some rye bread - either rugbrød (the very heavy, dark one) or some sort of rye crisp, or maybe both.

Daughter #2 requested Rose's Party Chicken which is also Kayelle's company chicken. We will have this over probably some pasta shells and have a yummy green salad to go with. No idea about the cooked veggie yet. If I get my crap together I'll make a key lime pie for dessert.

I need to make a trip to the produce store because I think we're out of EVERYTHING after our holidays.

You are right Alix :LOL:

I forgot to put it on last night :LOL:

Kylie must be sleeping! :LOL:

I don't quite know what to make for dinner. We're all home tonight (WEIRD) and we've been living off the BBQ on our holidays. I want to make something homey. I'm thinking I could maybe do coq au vin, or something else saucy. I found a recipe for whip lash chicken that looks tasty. Chicken and sauce of some kind is on the menu.

That sounds lovely Kimmo, thanks for sharing :)

Something different for you to try sometime....chicken pieces in a dish, a packet of french onion soup sprinkled over (dry), some mayonnaise, and some chutney (there is a brand called Mrs Balls which hails from South Africa, but I have seen it in shops in Texas!) a little water, cover and bake. Quick, easy and delish!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom