TGIF Dinner plans anyone? 9-1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to work 3pm to 7 pm so I'm going to talk DH to meet me afterwards and we go to our favorite Mexican resturant for Fiesta Fajitas and Margaritas.

Meeting Paul for lunch and then he's gone until Monday.
No cooking until Tuesday. I'll just be eating junk!

It's damp and chilly here so I'm going with comfort food. I'm making a ham steak with fresh peaches, cubed potatoes fried in the ham drippings and slow cooked baked beans that have been in the oven 3 hours already. I made a vanilla pound cake this morning and have red raspberries that I'll add some Chambord to and serve with ice cream. Hmm, nothing green, isn't that terrible. I should have at least written the intention to serve a vegetable or salad.

We're doing the old breakfast for dinner thing. Will prob make scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy,sliced tomatoes, and maybe grits.

One of our favorite things to have for dinner occasionally is to have cornbread and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs and chopped tomato. Stir it all up in a bowl and enjoy. I'd never heard of dipping gravy over your cornbread until I met my hubby. I never liked gravy on my biscuits but I like this.

Well, we had lunch out as we moved into a hotel today! And weirdly we have a late night cocktail party, so we had a plum and a peach, each for supper!

But I'll tell you guys about lunch! We went to a place down the road from our hotel. Husband wanted pizzas, I fancied pasta (Hey, this is Italy we got two main choices!) and I noticed that the kitchen had some bug mussel shells, so I suggested we get ome mussels to start. BUT THE PORTIONS WERE HUGE! I reckon that the "light" pasta on the menu they brought me would have done 4 people as a "primo". And they brought what looked like over a kilo of mussels for each of us....(listed on menu as "light snack or starter"). The people on the table next to us were similarly swamped with food, and we all got the giggles.....sometimes a hint from the waiter that portion sizes are big would really help! In the end we swapped and shared food so this was what we had:

mussels in a spicey vibrant tomato sauce; spaghetti with cream, mushrooms, sausage and peas and a pizza with buffalo mozzerella, oregano and fresh porcini mushrooms and half a bottle of house red (which was very slightly disappointing)

So many carbs, I fell asleep for most of the afternoon, lol

Happy eating everybody!

Barb L said:
I posted my dinner hours ago--lol, but don't know where it went ?? Pizza---- don't like to cook on Friday's ! :ROFLMAO:
I think you posted in the thursday thread.:LOL:

Burgers on the grill for us.

Barb L said:
OOps forgot the s Crewsk !!!
You must be very excited about that pizza tonight, are'nt you.:-p :LOL: I would be too!:)

Crewsk always has something good going...

I think we will go out for dinner (it's our anniversary). Also to celebrate we get to pick up a carload of kids from the movie theater and deliver them to homes all over the place at about an hour past our bedtime. In the rain and the get-out-of-town Labor Day weekend traffic.

Yay.

mudbug said:
I think we will go out for dinner (it's our anniversary). Also to celebrate we get to pick up a carload of kids from the movie theater and deliver them to homes all over the place at about an hour past our bedtime. In the rain and the get-out-of-town Labor Day weekend traffic.

Yay.
Happy Anniversary Mugbug and Mr. Mudbug, may you have many many more.

kadesma:) Dinner, oh yes, okay next post:-p

I've been chasing kids all day so dinner is open faced pot roast and gravy sanwiches, but I'm putting them on some fresh french rolls and have extra gravy..Some french fries and small green salad..Have left over pie and some ice cream so that's it for tonight.

kadesma

Good evening good people. We did grilled salmon on a salad and Italian Semolina Batard Bread, well buttered of course. And Chianti wine.

kadesma said:
I've been chasing kids all day so dinner is open faced pot roast and gravy sanwiches, but I'm putting them on some fresh french rolls and have extra gravy..Some french fries and small green salad..Have left over pie and some ice cream so that's it for tonight.

kadesma

We call those roast beef po'boys :LOL: YUM!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom