TGIF, dinner plans, August 29, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pizza number two

tonights will be pizza sauce, thick sliced fresh tomatoes, sliced mozz, basil leaves, evoo, salt, more oregano, and the other half pound of sausage I made for last nights pizza

DH is out at a golf tournament tonight, so I'm on my own, too. Can't decide what to do. Maybe I'll make some fresh pesto and have pesto pasta with chopped tomatoes and a caprese salad. That's sounding good :)

thank you Constance, you just made me realize what I'm making.
there is more cream in this house than is left in the store and I MUST USE IT UP OR ELSE. < don't think it freezes.

tuna noodle casserole, with a rich cream sauce made from [yup] the cream, albacore, onions, garlic, mushrooms, bacon, seasonings
tonight I won't do veggies in the tuna casserole, I'll make them on the side > green beans, peas, kernel corn
cobb salad 1000 island or bleu cheese dressing
raspberry jello with sour cream, cream cheese, whipped cream
vanilla/lemon iced tea for me, crocktail for the man

thank you Constance, you just made me realize what I'm making.
there is more cream in this house than is left in the store and I MUST USE IT UP OR ELSE. < don't think it freezes.

tuna noodle casserole, with a rich cream sauce made from [yup] the cream, albacore, onions, garlic, mushrooms, bacon, seasonings
tonight I won't do veggies in the tuna casserole, I'll make them on the side > green beans, peas, kernel corn
cobb salad 1000 island or bleu cheese dressing
raspberry jello with sour cream, cream cheese, whipped cream
vanilla/lemon iced tea for me, crocktail for the man

Lefse, I don't want to intrude on you and your sweetie, but can I come? Your casserole sounds devine and I love Cobb salad!

Got any ice cream, Tatt?

Not pretty, but it worked.

Attachments

• Aug 29.jpg
    Aug 29.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 186
I brined a couple of chicken breasts but I haven't decided how I'm going to cook them yet. I'm leaning towards just baking them with granulated garlic, salt and pepper, along with corn and a salad.

Just a bit late......
We had three types of cheese (all sheep) with honey and glazed nuts.
I stuffed blue point oysters and cherrystone clams.
We had grilled lamb chops.
Dessert was chocolate covered strawberries.

barbara & james & jake & i ate a pittsburgher's meal- primanti's.
oh am I ever jealous Luvs. who wouldn't have a dreamy night eating one of those rare treats? what kind did you guys have? I mix mine up when I go but mostly, it's beef and provelone with the slaw and fries, I eat every single bite too..........yum.......love "the Burg"

lefse, james & barb ate pastrami/cheese, i ate kielbossa, jake ate cheesesteak.

Back
Top Bottom