TGIF, dinner plans, January 18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not too sure here LEFSE, probably Italian tonight. All I have to say is TGIF!

Jack-in-the-box on the way home.
I work late and Paulie has a business lunch that
will fill him to the brim. I'll cook tomorrow.

brown and wild rice with sweetcorn done in chicken stock, served with cumberland Black pepper sausages.

Typical Friday light fare...

goat cheese stuffed dates with prosciutto
lump crab crostinis
roasted apples
stilton, swiss and brie
caramelized pecans
Philly pretzels

Speyside scotch on the rocks....

i'm working late, and dw and the boy are going to visit ozzy for a late lunch, so i'm probably gonna have to fend for myself.

i have some leftover mashed potatoes which are giving me a hankering for norwegian potato, fish, and scallion pancakes. if not, i have the leftover brasciole.

Today is crunch time on my cake and it is only DH and I so probably just the leftover hamburger soup and the bannock bread #1 made last night.

honey baked ham
garlic mashed potatoes
baked sweet potatoes
fresh whole wheat bread

we received the honey baked ham for a Christmas present from the local lumber/hardware store. They give their important customers a 25 foot measuring tape and their top 10 customers in terms of sales; a honey baked ham. We have received the ham only once before. This is indicitive of how poorly the economy is doing in my area. Dh did no business with this store from Jan through May 2007. He started a small job in June and will finish in March 2008. The job is a 3 car garage with a full apartment on top. A very nice job, but small. And he ranked in the top 10 this year with no business with this company for half the year?? Yikes, sales have to be slow at the local lumber yard!

for my dinner: cumin lamb and some vegetables (will buy some later) :angel:

have a nice weekend, folks

Its Friday so its DH and I will be going out for dinner. This time kid free ;). He won tickets at work for a play "Goodbye Charlie" at a Theater. I can't remember the last one we went to its been to long but we truly enjoy going. This one looks like a really good one too. As for what we'll be eating....I'm not sure. I think I'll suggest Red Lobster as I'm craving me some shrimp.

Typical Friday light fare...

goat cheese stuffed dates with prosciutto
lump crab crostinis
roasted apples
stilton, swiss and brie
caramelized pecans
Philly pretzels
don't know who told you what I liked but it's awful nice of you to do dinner for me.:huh: sounds yumderful!
eating raw nuts right now and still have no idea what dinner may be.
depends on how starving I am in a few hours and if I am, it'll be Panda Express again, same as last week

Not sure. Some take out and bringing it to my parents. There choice so we will see

The others are going out, so I'll probably eat some of the cheeses, pates and terrines that I brought back from Montreal. :)

Yum!! I love the pates & terrines in Montreal & Quebec City. We usually take the train up there from Brockville & celebrate our anniversary. I am jealous!

Tonight, we are trying out a new pizza place. We ordered chorizio, Italian sausage & mushrooms as well as a salad. I hope it's good. My husband thinks there "is no bad pizza"...we'll see! :)

Back
Top Bottom