TGIF dinner tonight? 1/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Dinner for us tonight will be leftovers from the Mac/Cheese last night and the rest of the bits and bobs from the last few days. Gotta make room for other stuff in the frig after all.

Happy day to you..........
PS>.........anyone know if KitchenElf still posts? I haven't seen her, PM'd her and not heard.

She's still around... just very very very busy.

Leftover night here too. I've got chicken legs, lamb chops, salad and veggies.

Meeting friends for dinner - no idea hwat type of place we're going to, so I won't know until I see the menu...

John

Our condo has a restaurant and Friday nite is "pub nite"...burgers, fish and chips, and the regular menu. So it's burgers for us tonite!!! Happy weekend to all

That certainly would be an appealing thing for a condo. Alas, we have no such thing nearby so I will cook something - unknown at the present!!!!

We're doing our Mexican night tonight. Likely that will mean tacos. I have the ground beef thawing in the fridge right now. I am going to be tired after work though so hopefully it will be minimal effort on my part.

We're having a Texas Hold-Em Tournament tonight.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Seafood Pinwheels
BBQ Meatballs and Lil' Smokies
Italian Beef
Cheese and Sausage Tray
Rice Krispie Treats
Bluebeery Muffins
Sangria
Various Beers
Vodka Still works

Erik said:
We're having a Texas Hold-Em Tournament tonight.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Seafood Pinwheels
BBQ Meatballs and Lil' Smokies
Italian Beef
Cheese and Sausage Tray
Rice Krispie Treats
Bluebeery Muffins
Sangria
Various Beers
Vodka Still works

What do you put in the seafood pinwheels? Cream cheese and crab? They sound good.

Erik, my invitation seems to have been lost in the mail........

Actually, tomorrow night is the black tie yearly awards banquet for h's work, so tonight we're taking the kids out for a nice dinner. Not sure where yet, but maybe Claim Jumpers.

I have not completely decided what I want to have for dinner. On Fridays the bakery in town makes jalapeno cheese bread:clap: and I picked up a loaf after work. So, I am sure dinner will include a slice or two of it. Cheese bread is especially good toasted. :question: I might just try to eat up some of the leftovers in the fridge.

Here is the list of leftovers:

red beans, sausage, and rice
baked beans
coleslaw
mac and cheese
caesar salad
applesauce
cornbread muffins

Last edited:
i made a small pot of a simplified version of my shiitake, beef, and white bean stew, but i never got to eat it. by the time it was done, i had to leave for work. so i'll probably run out for sushi, after reading tg's post about sushi dips.
the tapeworm in my stomach is craving sushi again...

sure does andy. i posted it here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f57/shiitake-beef-bean-stew-17225.html

last night, i only had a pound of (floured/seasoned) chuck cubes and no wine, so i only used 2 cups of rehydrated great northern beans, 2 cans of beef stock, 1 medium onion diced, 1 small stalk of celery diced, 2 cups of halved baby carrots, 1 cup of rehydrated shiitakes and it's liquid, 2 minced cloves of garlic, 1/2 stick of butter, 1 tbsp of canola oil, 1 cup of water, and some bay and sage leaves.

the procedure was pretty much the same, tho.

jkath said:
Erik, my invitation seems to have been lost in the mail........
Sorry...we didn't have enough room in our little house. We do this poker tournament monthly with our family as a way to stay in touch.

Back
Top Bottom