TGIF February 9, Friday dinner ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Uncle Bob said:
Bourbon...Woodford Reserve (Kentucky)
Tilapia...Imported
Mustard greens + Turnip roots....back yard
yellow suash...freezer
Chocolate Ice cream...Kroger

I love a man who post his booze first.:wub:

Roast Chicken w/ 40 Cloves of Garlic
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
veg of some sort

I'm also experimenting with beer batter recipes, so I'm going to make a couple different, small, batches, and fry up some mushrooms to taste.

What the heck,
It's Friday! I think I'll splurge and pick up a carryout pepperoni pizza!
(I haven't had one in months)

i cooked beef with seasonings & tomato as my dinner.
jake's dinner was 2 sammiches (subs) & a quart of chocolatemilk & now he wants chili.:blink:

Last edited:
VeraBlue said:
After reading about the Absolut Pears in the alcohol area I decided to pick up a bottle.
My daughter is home, my son is home, and Lou will be here soon. Naturally, they are all going to want to eat something....I'll offer up my credit card and the phone book. I catered two parties today, in addition to the regular crew I feed...no more cooking for me, today.

I just want my city pretzel, my grapes, and I discovered a cheese at the market yesterday of stilton and pears. It will go perfect with the pear martini I am going to make - pear vodka with a splash of goldschlager. I really can use the pretty flecks of gold to amuse me tonight;).
you may just start me drinking again, gosh, that sounds wonderful, I adore pears, anything pears, and stilton,sheeeeesh

We ended up going to a different popular resturant instead as we were already on the other end of town. I ended up having steak, chicken quesidillas (?sp), enchilada and refried beans....oh and of course a side of mushrooms in marsala wine....I just love those things.

Well, since winter is Cod season, I buy it often this time of year. Even though it's available on & off year-round, mid-winter finds it extremely fresh, with reasonable-sized filets available instead of the honking big ones I sometimes have to buy.

So yesterday I picked up 2 nice-sized filets & baked them for 20 minutes in a 400-degree oven very simply - dotted with an obscene amount of butter & seasoned with fresh lemon juice, freshly coarse-ground black pepper, & a sprinkling of Italian-seasoned dry crumbs. Served them with fresh broccoli that I blanched, chopped, & reheated with a few dollops of heavy cream, salt, & pepper.

Yeah, yeah, I know - another heart-attack-on-a-plate night here - lol!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom