"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
Executive Chef

TGIF February 9, Friday dinner ideas?

Okay okay, so it's 11:33 pm in the Big Dig and not quite Friday yet. But I'm up and can't sleep so I'll start.

For dinner, I'll be home, yeah!!!!! and I plan on taking out that meatloaf from the freezer and making Mexican out of it. My DH won't know that it is the filling for his tacos or that it's in the cheese bean dip that I'll make for dipping chips in. Apparently he didn't love it so much that it disappeared when I was away which is why I packed it up for the freezer before I left. Brown rice and red/black beans too.

What's anyone else making for this "promises to be" cold and blustery night?

Old 02-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
Executive Chef

lol. I almost started this thread myself.
I'm looking for ideas. It's the first time in over a week that dh and I will be home to have dinner together. I suggested baked pasta and a salad but he didn't sound that enthusiastic. I'd like to make a nice dinner for us.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
lol. I almost started this thread myself.
I'm looking for ideas. It's the first time in over a week that dh and I will be home to have dinner together. I suggested baked pasta and a salad but he didn't sound that enthusiastic. I'd like to make a nice dinner for us.
well what do ya have on hand? maybe those of up still up can help you come up with something, sheeeesh, I gotta go to bed
Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover
Okay okay, so it's 11:33 pm in the Big Dig and not quite Friday yet. But I'm up and can't sleep so I'll start.

For dinner, I'll be home, yeah!!!!! and I plan on taking out that meatloaf from the freezer and making Mexican out of it. My DH won't know that it is the filling for his tacos or that it's in the cheese bean dip that I'll make for dipping chips in. Apparently he didn't love it so much that it disappeared when I was away which is why I packed it up for the freezer before I left. Brown rice and red/black beans too.

What's anyone else making for this "promises to be" cold and blustery night?

Please, for the love of all things worth seeing, please change your font color. It is making my head pulsate, and it is NOT the pills this time

as for a meal, I will be having a great big ol slab 'o meat, prime rib, med rare, some stone ground horseradish, and whatever starch and veg I come up with....man, I love banquets!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to mad_evo99
My gf is on call so I'll be eating alone, unless my best friend comes over. Then we'll probably be lazy and order pizza, although he's been out of town for a week and a half, so he might want to eat home-cooked food. There's a decent chance we'll make something - yes, two dudes making dinner together... we both love cooking.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #6
Head Chef

I think we might get some fried seafood out tonight. DH got home at 3 am and had to be at work for a breakfast meeting and I stayed up for him, then got up with him....oh the devotion, eh? We are meeting a friend of a friend of a friend, who is alone and jobless in Milan this evening and needs some cheering up, but I'll be amazed if we don't fall asleep half way through drinks if we are sitting somewhere warm and comforatble, so I am going to suggest that we meet at the fish bar, get some seafood each and wander up and down the canals, which are a buzzing night spot, until we can get home to bed!
Old 02-09-2007, 05:51 AM   #7
Head Chef

We're having Chicken Breasts and probably potatoes a la Martha S. You boil very small red potatoes just until they are done, let them cool slightly, smash them down with the side of a chef's knife just until they are kind of flat, the fry them in butter until they are crispy. Heavenly.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:30 AM   #8
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou
We're having Chicken Breasts and probably potatoes a la Martha S. You boil very small red potatoes just until they are done, let them cool slightly, smash them down with the side of a chef's knife just until they are kind of flat, the fry them in butter until they are crispy. Heavenly.
Gotta try them taters'. sounds something we'd like ! Not sure what dinner will be yet.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #9
Senior Cook

Well, hubby has to go to a BBQ cookoff for work. We had hamburgers last night so I guess I will just eat one when I get home today.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Isn't the big dig in Boston?? Or is 'cauli' fornia part of boston now?

My dolly is coming home for the weekend and she's expecting dinner tonight, as well as tomorrow night. Usually, Lou and I have city pretzels, cheese, fruit and cocktails. While I'm sure she'll be up for that, I have to feed her more!
I've got a catered dinner at work, so I'll bring her some of that. I'm making butternut squash ravioli with a ginger rum sauce, chicken breasts with pecan dijon coating and mushroom risotto. She's not a huge broccoli fan, so I won't bother with that.

I look forward to those pretzels all week...or is it Lou I'm looking forward to ??