TGIF February 9, Friday dinner ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Okay okay, so it's 11:33 pm in the Big Dig and not quite Friday yet. But I'm up and can't sleep so I'll start.:blush:

For dinner, I'll be home, yeah!!!!! :clap: and I plan on taking out that meatloaf from the freezer and making Mexican out of it. My DH won't know that it is the filling for his tacos or that it's in the cheese bean dip that I'll make for dipping chips in. Apparently he didn't love it so much that it disappeared when I was away which is why I packed it up for the freezer before I left. Brown rice and red/black beans too.

What's anyone else making for this "promises to be" cold and blustery night?

Last edited:
lol. I almost started this thread myself.
I'm looking for ideas. It's the first time in over a week that dh and I will be home to have dinner together. I suggested baked pasta and a salad but he didn't sound that enthusiastic. I'd like to make a nice dinner for us.

corazon90 said:
lol. I almost started this thread myself.
I'm looking for ideas. It's the first time in over a week that dh and I will be home to have dinner together. I suggested baked pasta and a salad but he didn't sound that enthusiastic. I'd like to make a nice dinner for us.

well what do ya have on hand? maybe those of up still up:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: can help you come up with something, sheeeesh, I gotta go to bed:wacko:

LEFSElover said:
Okay okay, so it's 11:33 pm in the Big Dig and not quite Friday yet. But I'm up and can't sleep so I'll start.:blush:

For dinner, I'll be home, yeah!!!!! :clap: and I plan on taking out that meatloaf from the freezer and making Mexican out of it. My DH won't know that it is the filling for his tacos or that it's in the cheese bean dip that I'll make for dipping chips in. Apparently he didn't love it so much that it disappeared when I was away which is why I packed it up for the freezer before I left. Brown rice and red/black beans too.

What's anyone else making for this "promises to be" cold and blustery night?

Please, for the love of all things worth seeing, please change your font color. It is making my head pulsate, and it is NOT the pills this time:)

as for a meal, I will be having a great big ol slab 'o meat, prime rib, med rare, some stone ground horseradish, and whatever starch and veg I come up with....man, I love banquets!

My gf is on call so I'll be eating alone, unless my best friend comes over. Then we'll probably be lazy and order pizza, although he's been out of town for a week and a half, so he might want to eat home-cooked food. There's a decent chance we'll make something - yes, two dudes making dinner together... we both love cooking.

I think we might get some fried seafood out tonight. DH got home at 3 am and had to be at work for a breakfast meeting and I stayed up for him, then got up with him....oh the devotion, eh? We are meeting a friend of a friend of a friend, who is alone and jobless in Milan this evening and needs some cheering up, but I'll be amazed if we don't fall asleep half way through drinks if we are sitting somewhere warm and comforatble, so I am going to suggest that we meet at the fish bar, get some seafood each and wander up and down the canals, which are a buzzing night spot, until we can get home to bed!

We're having Chicken Breasts and probably potatoes a la Martha S. You boil very small red potatoes just until they are done, let them cool slightly, smash them down with the side of a chef's knife just until they are kind of flat, the fry them in butter until they are crispy. Heavenly.

lyndalou said:
We're having Chicken Breasts and probably potatoes a la Martha S. You boil very small red potatoes just until they are done, let them cool slightly, smash them down with the side of a chef's knife just until they are kind of flat, the fry them in butter until they are crispy. Heavenly.
Gotta try them taters'. sounds something we'd like ! Not sure what dinner will be yet.

Last edited:
Well, hubby has to go to a BBQ cookoff for work. We had hamburgers last night so I guess I will just eat one when I get home today.

Isn't the big dig in Boston?? Or is 'cauli' fornia part of boston now?;)

My dolly is coming home for the weekend and she's expecting dinner tonight, as well as tomorrow night. Usually, Lou and I have city pretzels, cheese, fruit and cocktails. While I'm sure she'll be up for that, :ermm: I have to feed her more!
I've got a catered dinner at work, so I'll bring her some of that. I'm making butternut squash ravioli with a ginger rum sauce, chicken breasts with pecan dijon coating and mushroom risotto. She's not a huge broccoli fan, so I won't bother with that.

I look forward to those pretzels all week...or is it Lou I'm looking forward to:wub: ??

The grocercy store had a sale on beef so I picked up a nice pot roast and some ribeye steaks. Haven't decided which one I'll cook tonight and have the other tomorrow.

If I can get my ground beef thawed by dinner (the house is COLD today!) we'll be having tacos, too.

Lefse, how do you make your cheese and bean dip?

I am so in the mood for fajitas so I'm going to sugges to DH that we go to our favorite mexican resturant for Fiesta Fajitas (chicken/beef/shrimp) and their famous margarita's......only one mind you because 2 is 2 many for this girl....they rock.

no idea... and not many things left in the house...
The Elevator is broken, so I don't want to go out and buy something and carry all these things back under the roof... *pantpant*

maybe some pizza orders, too...

Yet another change of plan for me today. We just had some very sad news and so have apologised to the person we were meant to meet. Tiredness and sadness together are too much, so we are going to stay into. I have some left overs, the last ouple of cups of soup, some veggies, and, what the bleep, we're probably going to get pizza too.

It is Friday and I will going to have my hair done. I think that I will stop at the market on the way home and get something interesting for dinner.

After reading about the Absolut Pears in the alcohol area I decided to pick up a bottle.
My daughter is home, my son is home, and Lou will be here soon. Naturally, they are all going to want to eat something....I'll offer up my credit card and the phone book. I catered two parties today, in addition to the regular crew I feed...no more cooking for me, today.

I just want my city pretzel, my grapes, and I discovered a cheese at the market yesterday of stilton and pears. It will go perfect with the pear martini I am going to make - pear vodka with a splash of goldschlager. I really can use the pretty flecks of gold to amuse me tonight;).

Bourbon...Woodford Reserve (Kentucky)
Tilapia...Imported
Mustard greens + Turnip roots....back yard
yellow suash...freezer
Chocolate Ice cream...Kroger

Back
Top Bottom