TGIF, Friday dinnner plans, June 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did lunch, not supper. We had broad bean and roast garlic soup with a salad and garlic bread and then a three fruit layered jelly/jello.

I was collecting family and friends from the airport so it had to be something I could serve very quickly when we got back. Everything was done last night and I reheated the bread and soup while dressing th salad.

Tonight everyone else is going out and I'm having a bowl of porridge and going to bed!

It will be just DD and I and she is still not eating much after her appendectomy and I am not cooking much since reinjuring my knee on Tuesday so a friend of ours is bringing over some home made chinese food for us!!!!!

Two years ago today Lou and I and my kids were on our way to Punta Cana..

so tonight, we're drinking Brugal with coke and lime (cuba libre)

Stuffed mushrooms, stuffed with fig, arugula and caramelized shallots.
Poached shrimp with horseradish lemon cream.
Goat cheese stuffed apricots
Mango slices with dry salami and honey
Assorted cheeses and breads.
Pretzels

I have spent most of the day in the kitchen getting ready for my cousins' alledged arrival tomorrow. First her flight from Dulles to Columbus was cancelled, period. When she tried to reschedule, she was informed a replacment flight was booked, so she may arrive as scheduled:wacko:. So tonight we get to test out a baked smoked 8 1/2 pound ham, fresh cole slaw, potato salad and baked butternut squash. I'm trying for a bunch of leftovers.

Spanish rice, but I'll be using quinoa instead of rice. Maybe we'll have a fresh salad from our garden on the side. Yum!

Easy cheesy tonight, still only 3 of us.
I'll make some pasta, roast some peppers, soften a little garlic in EVOO, toss it all together with some parmesan cheese.
Pasta Primavera on a tight budget!!

Not exactly sure.. in the fridge I have leftover lemon chicken, leftover pasta, greens and cucumbers from the garden, fresh mozzerella, asiago cheese, strawberries, and a half a loaf of french bread... I think I can get creative with that :chef:

making a salad of baby greens, with avocado,sliced vidalias,pears,and some feta with a dressing of honey and OJ..Fettuccine with mushrooms and prociutto, baby peas and some cream topped with parm..Have some rolls in the oven topped with more parm and some herbs and a thin piece of brie........dessert a mix of berries mascarpone and balsamic..
kadesma:)

Not exactly sure.. in the fridge I have leftover lemon chicken, leftover pasta, greens and cucumbers from the garden, fresh mozzerella, asiago cheese, strawberries, and a half a loaf of french bread... I think I can get creative with that :chef:
I fell asleep in the recliner after posting this and woke up at 6:30. So we ended up having burgers.

dw made a fantastic baked ziti, with which we had a salad from the garden, and good french bread with butter.

there's maybe only 1 or 2 salads left before the heat makes the remaining plants bolt and become too bitter.

Back
Top Bottom