TGIF, I think,7/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Never quite sure what day it is:).

So I harvested the salad fixings from the garden already. Will have bison burgers and a salad.

What are you planning for dinner?

Hi Beth!
I too am harvesting salad, but I am sure on a much smaller scale than you with my little greenhouse out back.

It looks like it will be homemade burgers with salad. I made the burger meat from pork loin and turkey thigh. I am loving doing my own meats! Maybe I should have trained to be a butcher instead of a cook! :)

Never quite sure what day it is:).

So I harvested the salad fixings from the garden already. Will have bison burgers and a salad.

What are you planning for dinner?

Beth I hear you. I have two calendars hanging across from each other. And I have a big calendar as part of my wallpaper on my computer. The top shows the whole calendar for the month. The day is highlighted and with slightly bigger print than the rest. The bottom half has the day number in huge print. Then in smaller print, it has the name of the day and the year. No matter where I am standing in the room, I can find out exactly what day it is. With the sleep schedule I keep, I never know what day I waking up to. :angel:

My computer tells me it's Friday. It hasn't been wrong yet!

On this Friday, we are grilling burgers for dinner. They will be formally dressed with bacon, onion, cheese, mayo and pickled jalapeños.

Sliced tri tip again, with cantaloupe, strawberries, and a salad for sides.

Time to set aside some of the tri tip for a couple more sandwiches, and portion out the rest to vacuum seal and freeze.

Hi Laurie!

Happy Thursday Addie.

Well Andy, when I look at the lower right hand corner of my computer, all it tells me is the time and date. No day of the week. I have to hover my cursor over the date to see the day. And apparently I am unwilling to do that much work. Or, I forget I can do that to see the day.

Salads turned out nice. Harvested my first two carrots today!

DH is out playing golf with friends tonight. I'm making a loaf of Italian bread and will make bruschetta with pesto and garden tomatoes and will have some leftover grilled chicken from yesterday.

We split a pulled pork sammy, along with the worst coleslaw I've ever had at the Atlanta airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We split a pulled pork sammy, along with the worst coleslaw I've ever had at the Atlanta airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Since you are at the airport, come out here, Dawg. We have a fish and chips place that has the BEST coleslaw I have ever tasted. :)

Bacon,jalapeno & cream cheese potato bomb. Pork chop stuffed with pepper jack cheese, asparagus & chimichurri sauce.Grape tomatoes & cc grilled sweet peppers.

img_1428654_0_1f9682ca535f432967a8a638047521ef.jpg

img_1428654_1_8d02062e70c542761c6e587609aa47e9.jpg
img_1428654_2_ff8e833325cee46975873da2e58df36d.jpg
img_1428654_3_c65ea7a29f9d18e4f68bb8dc04d67dcc.jpg

Oh my, that looks good S&P!

We ran out of lettuce and the parking lot at the health food store is too crowded on Friday afternoons for me to feel like buying any, so no chicken salad with yesterday's leftover rotisserie chicken.

We ordered from Mr. Falafel. It was, as usual, wonderfully yummy.

I'm drooling Joey and Cheryl!

I had a little bit of the Italian meat sauce I didn't freeze and some hamburger that needed cooking, so I made "Italian Chili Size" with a can of Cannelloni beans added to the sauce and floating burger patties topped with diced onions and Italian cheeses. Gotta remember that one!

Last edited:
Sliced tri tip again, with cantaloupe, strawberries, and a salad for sides.

Time to set aside some of the tri tip for a couple more sandwiches, and portion out the rest to vacuum seal and freeze.

Instead of a salad, I made a gratin from the last of the zucchini. Adapted from Julia's Zucchini Gratin. It was delicious.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 147
Hi Laurie!

Happy Thursday Addie.

Well Andy, when I look at the lower right hand corner of my computer, all it tells me is the time and date. No day of the week. I have to hover my cursor over the date to see the day. And apparently I am unwilling to do that much work. Or, I forget I can do that to see the day.

Salads turned out nice. Harvested my first two carrots today!

I'll be danged. I never knew you could do that. Congratulation on your harvesting success. So are you going to need to rent a combine to bring in the rest of the crop? ;) I envy anyone who can plant a garden. I used to do it, but can't get down there anymore. Or I should say, I can get down there. It is getting up again that I can't do. :angel:

Fried battered Haddock with baked sweet potato. The fish was so moist. I was going to serve a veggie with it. But I had three filets and it was more than enough for a meal. Teddy was here and when Pirate started to eat, Teddy stood there right next to his chair with the most pitiful look on his face with his head tilted just right. Pirate is a sucker for that dog. He got more fish to eat than Pirate did. Who know dogs loved fried fish? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom