"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #1
Executive Chef

TGIF, June 1, 2007 dinner plans...

Gad it's early here. It was 4 am when I posted this...
Dinner tonight for me will be salad and steamed vegetables............... probably Caesar salad with iced tea. I know it's boring but I like it.

What's cookin in anyone elses kitchen?

Edited because now I've actually 'had' that dinner I was planning out at 4:00 am. It was at a local hot spot, someone gave me the nudge toward it after I asked locals where to eat. "Sonoma Chicken Coop".
Sonoma Chicken Coop - San Jose, Pizza, Pasta, Roasted Chicken, Weekly Specials, San Pedro Square, Restaurant
Iced tea and a huge Caesar Salad with grilled chicken and I brought 1/2 of it back. Stopped at Peet's for a "new to me" adventure in their famed coffee. Pretty darned good so I bought 2 [1/2 lb] bags. Hope by the time I get it home, the DH will love it too.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Iam havng either leftover beef n noodles or Pizza.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
Executive Chef

going for something different tonight, spinach and chicken and cheese casserole
Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
Head Chef

Going out for fish fry ...
Old 06-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
Head Chef

My plan is to cook up some cheese burgers. To go with this, I'll serve french fries and a cold pasta dish.

The cold pasta dish is tri colored pasta cooked and mixed with slices of different colored peppers, olives, tomatoes, red onions and all mixed around with a Greek Vinegrette dressing and refrigerated for a couple of hours. the Greek Vinegrette dressing is somethign I picked up at the grocery store this morning. I food shop on Friday mornings.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
Executive Chef

I just but a brisket into my smoker. Of course, I'm running an hour behind, thanks to an early-morning strong T-storm.

Probably have baked beans, not sure what else. Might have to make some cole slaw. I might even make some devilled eggs, if I can keep the family out of them.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
Executive Chef

I'm going to roast a chicken and don't know what else. I'd like to do something light but haven't decided in what direction to go. A neighbor gave us zuchinni, onions, new potatoes and another friend gave us a huge bag of grapefruit. I also have some fresh green beans and yellow squash so the verdict isn't in.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Leftovers for lunch again. The last leftover 1/4 pound hot dog, leftover macaroni salad, a leftover banana, and a leftover piece of apple pie.

If I am hungry for supper (my stomach seems to have shrunk from eating 5 or 6 small meals instead of 3 big ones for the last 6 or 7 years) I just might go for one of those new Carl's Jr. Hawaiian burgers with the grilled pineapple and teriyaki sauce for supper. If not, well, tomorrow is cat adoption day, we usually all get junk food for lunch, there is a Carl's Jr just down the street from PetSmart, and I am usually the "gopher" so....
Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Not a clue but I need to come up with something quick!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

tonight will be sushi once more.

it's been several weeks since we've gotten sushi. we're trying to budget more, and dw has really gotten into cooking lately, so we stopped getting take out so often. also trying to drop a few pounds.

it's nice to come home and play with my boy while she cooks, then we all sit down and dig in. even though she plays it really cool, i love to see her see me enjoy her cooking.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote