TGIF March 14/08 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I know I won't be eating. I'm already full..................................<<of love!
No need to eat..........
What will you be making or eating?
Happy Friday to all of you.
It's my Monday so work starts for me today:cool:

No cooking tonight, already picked up fresh baked vegetarian pasty direct from Cornwall! So very excited as I don't get them often. They are so tasty!

My boy made some last PIE party we had and won 2nd place! I've never made a veggie one, I just buy them down the street from our house at a little shop.

Pasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I actually grew up with pasties - My Mom's dad was from Leeds in Yorkshire and her Mom was from Cork in Ireland. My Mom loved them - specially with steak and potato. I was just curious as I have never seen/heard of vegetable ones. I guess in a way it would probably be similar to a vegetable samosa filling except not so spicy!

Thanks for the link!

dw's goin' for a scalpin' and warpaint, so it's me and the boy tonight.

the little guy asked me if i was going to watch him tonight. i replied yes.

he said "you?"

i said yes.

"you?" (in a higher tone)

"YES", i said.

"yoooouuuuu?" (even higher)

i felt like w.c. fields...

c'mon kid, you're makin' me look bad here.

then, making my day, he said that it's gonna be "ryan and daddy's fun day!!!!!"

:)

so, i'm not sure what we're having, but it doesn't really matter. ya know?

I'm making steak fajitas tonight (fried steak strips, peppers, and onions topped with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and salsa in a tortilla)... we have them 2 or 3 times a month. Even the kids love 'em!

dw's goin' for a scalpin' and warpaint, so it's me and the boy tonight.

the little guy asked me if i was going to watch him tonight. i replied yes.

he said "you?"

i said yes.

"you?" (in a higher tone)

"YES", i said.

"yoooouuuuu?" (even higher)

i felt like w.c. fields...

c'mon kid, you're makin' me look bad here.

BuckyT, I think that deserves either cooking or taking him out for whatever he fancies! Great kid you have there!:)

I'm picking up some spinach on the way home to make salad, and we're also going to have linguine with Pecorino Cheese and Black pepper..... (Cacio e Pepe). :)

Could it be because of Top Chef???? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I just learned yesterday that Top Chef Season 4 was on but we won't get it here in Canada (we have both Bravo and Food Network but they are Canadianized versions) until it is over. Of all the Contestant Chef series it is my favourite!

He sounds like a real sweetheart, Bt. :)

I don't know what's up for dinner tonight. DH likes to go out on Fridays sometimes, but doesn't say anything till I get home. It's 74*F outside right now and there's a nice seafood place a couple miles from the house that has an outside deck - maybe we'll go there. Or maybe we'll grill some burgers out back.

DW has defrosted ground beef for bacon cheeseburgers and onion rings for tonight, I just have to write down something for her to mix with the ground beef to make the patties. Usually I just do it by what I feel like so don't have anything written down.

I took a frozen package of what I thought was ground beef to make a meat pie. After thawing realized it was sausage. Made the pie anyway with the sausage. Added cheese this time. Salads with the meat pie. (I put the filling in a pie plate and cover with pastry instead of filling and folding like a pasty)

Battered cod, french fries, green salad, with ,apples,raisins,cucumbers,honey mustard dressing, roasted brussels sprouts...baked some apples and have a creamy rum sauce to put over them..
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom