TGIF So What's for Dinner! Friday April 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
It is seafood day here and I am going to attempt my first tuna loin. I have a recipe for sesame crusted tuna lion and will serve it with rice noodles in peanut sauce and cucumbers in rice wine vinegar.

For our lite meal at dinner (DH is working at his other job tonight) I am making tuna salad sandwiches.

So what's cooking at your house today?

(note, the title blunder has been reported!)

Last edited:
Frankly, I like the title the way it is. :angel:

I'm currently defrosting a frozen ball of pizza dough. I'm planning a pepperoni and other stuff pizza for dinner tonight. Other stuff to be selected from among green peppers, mushrooms, onion and Kalamata olives.

We're having something that's been a family favorite since the children were very small...Mrs. Schneider's Giant Meatballs, served with rich mushroom sauce, noodles, buttered peas, iced tea, and....fresh strawberry shortcake for dessert. Good eats in our house tonight.

Frankly, I like the title the way it is. :angel:

I'm currently defrosting a frozen ball of pizza dough. I'm planning a pepperoni and other stuff pizza for dinner tonight. Other stuff to be selected from among green peppers, mushrooms, onion and Kalamata olives.
Either you saw it AFTER the change (TGYF to TGIF) or you are just a little silly :stuart:... like me :mrgreen: and by the way I thought you were Andy, not Frank!

Oh, and your pizza sounds amazing!

Last edited:
Either you saw it AFTER the change (TGYF to TGIF) or you are just a little silly :stuart:... like me :mrgreen: and by the way I thought you were Andy, not Frank!

Oh, and your pizza sounds amazing!

I am Andy but I was imitating Frank.

The chef is taking a night off. I've been such a good boy, eating leftovers and holding down the fort while the wife has been vacationing in Chicago all week with her sister and SIL. They have also been rubbing it a little in by posting photos of all the fun and good meals they've been enjoying. So I think I deserve a break today. No, I am not eating McDonalds. But I do think that maybe dinner out at a nice Thai or Sushi restaurant wouldn't be too far out of line. And maybe later I'll even catch a movie. :)

We went for lunch at a local grill place, and though we split the baked beans and slaw, we still have leftovers, along with partial unbreaded pork tenderloin sammies.

Ginger Teriyaki chicken. Stir fried cut up bonesless chicken breast with fresh pieces of pineapple, bias sliced carrot and topped with some green onion . Brown rice. More pineapple on the side for dessert.
It's been quite awhile since I've made a home-made teriyaki sauce I almost forgot how. It came together pretty good and cooked down while the chicken was cooking.

I made a great big batch of frikadeller. I wanted leftovers for quick snacks. I served it with a green salad and a salad dressing made from Margi's mint-feta mousse and mayonnaise. I also had some cucumber salad.

Tonight's dinner - pepperoni and green pepper under the cheese and Kalamata olives on half the pizza for me.

Not as pretty as some. I didn't care for the olives. Live and learn.

Attachments

• DSC02701.jpg
    DSC02701.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 164
Save those kalamata for me...

Chicken and noodle soup, dinner rolls. My version of carb loading for the race tomorrow.

Tonight was fried chicken, pan gravy, mashed taters, English cucumber and onion salad, and biscuits.

Someone here said they fry breaded chicken on med/high heat till nice and brown and then put it in the oven to finish cooking till done. I did that tonight, and it was my best fried chicken ever. Wish I could remember who it was to give credit.
Anyway, I'll never do it any other way. I used 375 degrees for 30 minutes, after browning in oil skillet.

It is seafood day here and I anm going to attempt my first tuna loin. I have a recipe for sesame crusted tuna lion and will serve it with rice noodles in peanut sauce and cucumbers in rice wine vinegar.

For our lite meal at dinner (DH is working at his other job tonight) I am making tuna salad sandwiches.

So what's cooking at your house today?

(note, the title blunder has been reported!)
Okay, LP, I must have missed the post on this meal plan you have going. Can you post the link so I can read more about it--I'm curious. And, btw, that sounds like a really nice meal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom