"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #11
Master Chef

Spent the day getting last minute shopping done. Picked up 2 take-n-bake pizzas from Kroger while buying all the stuff for Christmas breakfast and trip plus have to stock up on some things for DS home from school. Tonight is wrapping night then can concentrate on cleaning and cooking over the weekend.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #12
Head Chef

I just started my baking. I did want to go out but I guess it's going to be an eat in night. Just hot dogs and f.f. Did I mention that I absolutely HATE baking cookies but I LOVE eating them.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #13
Senior Cook

We have a babysitter & are going out to one of our favorite restaurants on the Island, Villa Rolandi's. (Isla Mujeres Hotel Villa Rolandi) Everything is so good, I don't know what I am going to have but hopefully, I'll have room for their coconut icecream with Kahlua & a flaming Mexican coffee.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie View Post
Cora, celebrating what?
Michele, it's corazon's littlest's 2nd birthday today! Happy birthday Callum!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:27 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I made a pizza also, I just hope Beths pizza base turned out better than mine did, I have to Perfect that side of things.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #16
Executive Chef

YT, my pizza crust turned out better than any crust I have ever made, exponentially better! But the jury is still out, most of the dough is laboring in the frig. I used about 1/3 of the dough, a bit more dough than normal?, it was a thick crust which was what I was aiming for. I am just beginning to use a pizza peal and a pizza stone, I was quite awkward getting the pizza onto the stone. I will be interested in how the dough works out in successive pizzas. The recipe says you can store the dough up to two weeks in the frig. In the past, I have not been pleased with "older dough" being used for pizzas. I am extremely happy with the crust of last nights pizza. I'm thinking if the rest of the dough does not work well for pizzas, I will just make up the round breads, which is supposed to be the original use for this dough.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #17
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clienta View Post
We have a babysitter & are going out to one of our favorite restaurants on the Island, Villa Rolandi's. (Isla Mujeres Hotel Villa Rolandi) Everything is so good, I don't know what I am going to have but hopefully, I'll have room for their coconut icecream with Kahlua & a flaming Mexican coffee.
Clienta, what a beautiful/tropical-looking place; and an amazing view!Everything I like is on the menu. (I'd be hard-pressed to make a decision.) Hope you had a wonderful time. Next time take me with you.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #18
Executive Chef

last night we had guests and I did a multi course "Italian" meal. cheeses (including a brie en crut) olives, nuts, and fried calamari (I use my wok...works great and uses so little oil), pasta course was spaghetti rigate with putanesca sauce (my favorite), secundo was broiled shrimp with savory crumb topping (bread crumbs butter garlic parsley) and broccoli rabe sauteed with garlic and sweet onion. several chiantis and a malbec . great meal, fun time.