TGIF! What's for Dinner, 12/21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I'm making enchiladas with shredded chicken, black beans, tomatoes and lots of cheese. We'll have vanilla ice cream with fresh pineapple for dessert. And as long as I can stay up later than dd :rolleyes:, DH and I will have wine and some of the Christmas goodies he's gotten from work while I wrap presents.

What's going on in your kitchen tonight?

an experiment!

I'm going to make a pizza with the crust made out of the newer no knead bread recipe. This is the recipe with 6 cups flour and 1 1/2 T. yeast and salt. Am putting san marzano pizza sauce, sausage, onions, green peppers and mozz cheese on top

I will be experimenting as well. Making spaghetti w/meatballs, mushrooms, Italian sausage and pork loin. Am grilling everything over charcoal before adding it to the sauce. Even roasting the tomatoes for the sauce over the coals. I am thinking it will be some kinda tasty!

dh wants to go out and do a little shopping tonight when he gets home unless he manages during his lunch time. not happy with what I got our gs so he's gonna look more. if we do go out tho, I won't be cooking we'll go to Mexican probably, after all, it 'is' Friday night date night.:LOL:

Ribeye done on the grill, grean beans & spinach cooked in EVOO, grilled potatos, cucumbers & sweet onions in sour cream and mayo for a salad.
I need to get some chocolate in the house for "dessert".

I'm tired from candy making and baking all day, so my boyfriend is taking me out for supper. :D I should have gotten more done before today--with four families to see for Christmas, our festivities begin tomorrow--but what's done is done and I only have one or two more batches of cookies to make.

Spent the day getting last minute shopping done. Picked up 2 take-n-bake pizzas from Kroger while buying all the stuff for Christmas breakfast and trip plus have to stock up on some things for DS home from school. Tonight is wrapping night then can concentrate on cleaning and cooking over the weekend.

I just started my baking. I did want to go out but I guess it's going to be an eat in night. Just hot dogs and f.f. Did I mention that I absolutely HATE baking cookies but I LOVE eating them.

We have a babysitter & are going out to one of our favorite restaurants on the Island, Villa Rolandi's. (Isla Mujeres Hotel Villa Rolandi) Everything is so good, I don't know what I am going to have but hopefully, I'll have room for their coconut icecream with Kahlua & a flaming Mexican coffee.

I made a pizza also, I just hope Beths pizza base turned out better than mine did, I have to Perfect that side of things.

YT, my pizza crust turned out better than any crust I have ever made, exponentially better! But the jury is still out, most of the dough is laboring in the frig. I used about 1/3 of the dough, a bit more dough than normal?, it was a thick crust which was what I was aiming for. I am just beginning to use a pizza peal and a pizza stone, I was quite awkward getting the pizza onto the stone. I will be interested in how the dough works out in successive pizzas. The recipe says you can store the dough up to two weeks in the frig. In the past, I have not been pleased with "older dough" being used for pizzas. I am extremely happy with the crust of last nights pizza. I'm thinking if the rest of the dough does not work well for pizzas, I will just make up the round breads, which is supposed to be the original use for this dough.

We have a babysitter & are going out to one of our favorite restaurants on the Island, Villa Rolandi's. (Isla Mujeres Hotel Villa Rolandi) Everything is so good, I don't know what I am going to have but hopefully, I'll have room for their coconut icecream with Kahlua & a flaming Mexican coffee.

Clienta, what a beautiful/tropical-looking place; and an amazing view!Everything I like is on the menu. (I'd be hard-pressed to make a decision.) Hope you had a wonderful time. Next time take me with you. ;)

Last edited:
last night we had guests and I did a multi course "Italian" meal. cheeses (including a brie en crut) olives, nuts, and fried calamari (I use my wok...works great and uses so little oil), pasta course was spaghetti rigate with putanesca sauce (my favorite), secundo was broiled shrimp with savory crumb topping (bread crumbs butter garlic parsley) and broccoli rabe sauteed with garlic and sweet onion. several chiantis and a malbec . great meal, fun time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom