TGIFriday 1/21/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It's really chilly today, so I'm going to start TaxLady's Garlic Soup. It'll smell good and get warmer in here.:chef:

What 'ya got cooking?

14F here. I'll be grilling a rack of ribs and making PF's wasabi slaw... as soon as I make a run for shallots and a red pepper.

I have some chicken thighs I'll be doing something with. Let you know later. Another perfectly gorgeous day...sunny and will be in the mid 70's later. I'll be on the front porch with a book for a good part of the day. :cool:

Oh boy it is left-over night here. :chef:

We have:

Turk-en stew with dumplings

D'zones (my version of a Calzone)

Sausage and wild rive casserole

Swiss steak

Not sure who is having what but those are the options.

Maybe lentil soup.

This - following Kayelle's sitting on the porch with a book - reminds me of a Charlie Brown Halloween and the poor little kid who, after everyone excitedly tells what candy they got says, "I got a rock." (I actually do like lentil soup - all that fiber, doncha know.)

Date night at our friends' house tonight. The guys will be having Papa John's pizza and the ladies will (for different reasons than each other) be having salads.

:)Barbara

It's cold here and will be all weekend. I'm making a big pot of my take on Cuban Pork and Garbanzo bean soup with homemade flour tortillas...

with it being like -7 outside and a changing wind speed every minute, I feel it's a good day for stew and some fresh french bread

I am making what I had planned for yesterday.

Hamburger Steak topped with Caramelized Onions/Gravy with Mashed Potatoes. Veggies to be decided later.

What did you decide on with the knives, Andy? Are you taking those colored ones with you?

My ribs just went on the grill with some cherry wood.

What did you decide on with the knives, Andy? Are you taking those colored ones with you?...

Yeah, I 'm taking some of them along. That's the only reason I bought them. I don't think I'm going to leave them there. They'll be crap in a year if they're still there. If I bring them home, I could get a couple/few years out of them.

Cool. Have fun.
I had some customers return from Aruba last week. They said the weather was nice... :LOL:

Hi all, Its about 10 degrees here so why not make soup. I just made 7 bean soup. Also made pumpkin bread and corn bread. It came out really good.

It's about 10 degrees here, too, so it's soup here. I made a pot of the best wild rice soup I've ever made and we'll have homemade French bread with butter, tossed salad, iced tea and an assortment of cookie bars for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom