TGIFriday, 1/28/2011, What's on the menu today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,

Tonight at our house, dinner will be spaghetti and meatballs, with steamed broccoli, and garlic bread.

Enjoy the day:chef:

It is just Dad and I tonight after a week of having DH home (sick and days off), and I think I have now caught their bug so I will probably pull something out of the freezer for Dad and finish off the chicken Noodle soup I have been feeding them all week. I made a large batch hoping to get half in the freezer, but that's not going to happen!

Breakfast – Scrambled eggs and sliced tomatoes (seasoned with EVOO, ground peppercorns, ground roasted garlic salt, ground oregano and fresh basil.

img_964035_0_8a728fbd84f33b559620e7625cf3a9d0.jpg

That looks Divine, Ms M! (Bette Midler reference intended!) Seriously that looks like a wonderful and healthy breakfast.

Today is dh's birthday and I thought he would either like to go out or have steak on the grill, or some other usual favorites. Instead he said he would like to have more of the soup I'd made earlier in the week. It is good, but not what I would choose for MY birthday. I suppose our tastes get more simple (or simpler?) as we get older. So, it will be the soup and either cheese toast, or grilled cheese sandwiches. We'll have the steak another time.

I'm fighting off a toothache so I'll probably make Garlic Soup and Mushrooms Gratin. Must be warm and must be soft today.

I'm thinking something with shrimp, scallops, garlic and pasta. I've got a taste for seafood today.

I'm packing today for a week long winter vacation in Yellowstone, flying out in the morning. Trying to put together layers of warm clothing is a task for this California girl. For lunch, I had some leftover Spaghetti Carbonara from last night's dinner, but no dinner plans for my clean kitchen. We'll likely go to our favorite hole in the wall Mexican joint for some dinner tonight.

That looks Divine, Ms M! (Bette Midler reference intended!) Seriously that looks like a wonderful and healthy breakfast.
Thank you LP!! The vine tomatoes are YUMMY for the winter!! Ripe, juicy and NOT "mealy".

My family won!! Sesame chicken and rice tonight. I will have some tomatoes and iceberg as my veggie. Chicken ala king, rice and string beans tomorrow night!!

Date night at our friends' house. Spaghetti for everyone but me. Hopefully she has salad fixings, but I will bring some bananas and nuts just in case.

:)Barbara

Sesame Chicken topped with toasted black and white sesame seeds and green onions, jasmine rice, iceberg lettuce and vine tomatoes dressed with Dijon Basil Vinaigrette with sesame oil added and toasted sesame seeds.

img_964137_0_7752f0ff436fcd012c3256c5d45ece5d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom