TGIFriday 10/14/2011 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turkey & cheese sandwich and BBQ chips : ( am drinking Founders Breakfast Stout though : )

wanted something quick and easy, so I made a quiche (had a pie shell in the freezer) with bacon, colby-jack and spinach. Served with mulitgrain rolls and garden salad.

Happy birthday VB !!!!

I guess I've finally joined the land of the living in wanting to cook again. That respiratory infection sure kicked my patootie but good.
We're going to pan fry some beautiful little loin lamb chops, and make some mushroom onion orzo to go with them. Steamed broccoli will round out the menu along with some dinner rolls and Chardonay.
I still haven't gotten over the memory NYC hospital food..I was sure they were trying to kill me. Picture this.......noodles with some kind of hamburger gravy that looked like someone else had already eaten it. Shudder.

I washed and shook in seasoned flour a chicken thigh, then gave it a thorough spraying with buttery cooking spray, and baked for an hour a 350°. I got a nice crunchy crust.

The crab legs were steamed with Old Bay seasoning.
The shrimp kabob had BBQ rub sprinkled on and were grilled.
The grilled potato had butter and sour cream loaded on, with some S & P.
And the asparagus spears were bacon wrapped with lemon pepper seasoned bacon.
Life is good.

tell me about it, cws. her dad is an avid hunter, so as soon as she was able to hold a rifle, he had her learning gun safety and shooting targets.

it's a little nuts, but so long as he's right next to her, i guess ir's ok.

There's a 2-1/2 yr. old who lives down the road from my parents. He is on his SECOND electric car. He drives it up and down the road (no helmet). What happened to bikes? (Or trikes for that matter)? FWIW, I had to take gun safety (I think I was 12) at the local armory. I had a 4-10. I never did shoot anything--but I went out partridge, duck, and deer hunting with my dad, uncles, cousins, and brothers. I also could hit beer cans at the local gravel pit with a pistol (one of my boyfriends was an avid sportsman and that was his idea of a hot date).

Last edited:
Vanilla Bean said:
Today is my birthday, so I told Mark to get subs. I don't feel like cooking.

Don't blame you! Happy birthday, VB!!! Hope Mark got you a good cake! How many candles on your sub?

We had hydrogenated fake buttered popcorn and a pack of strawberry twizzler nuggets, along with a couple Diet Mountain Dews. Movie night!

Real Steel was amazing!

Last edited:
i'm hoping to go see it this weekend, dawg.

we're small popcorn (no butter:(), nachos with cheese, jujubees or mike-n-ike's, and junior mints kinda people when we go to the thee-ah-tuh.

Our rule is no helmet, no ride. 5 year old is a hell rider on a 2 wheeler. He was on a 2 wheeler without training wheels on his 3rd birthday and we gave him his pedals a month later LOL.

<sigh> movie night.Enjoy.

A) Happy Birthday VB
B) Skipped dinner tonight because I had to work at my part time job
C) If I was home to make dinner, I would likely have worked on my variation on golabke. Still haven't gotten it just right, but so far its:

Swiss Chard
polenta
ground veal browned with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and hungarian paprika
shallots
roasted red peppers
and cooked in a pesto sauce made from fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, basil, pistachio nut, and peanut oil, with chunks of salt pork and corned beef thrown in for added flavor

It's missing something, just can't figure out what.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom