TGIFriday 10/21 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I braised a Swift pork shoulder yesterday. Using the package instructions, cooked at 350° to an internal temperature of 185° for shredability. It came out exactly as it was supposed to. It took about 4-1/2 hours for an 8# roast.

I took a small amount and put it in a frying pan with some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for dinner last night.

Today, I'll strip the meat and package in dinner size amounts for the freezer. I also got a 5# chub of hamburger which will have to be cut into 6 packages (I like to use less than a pound as I usually mix with 1/3# of ground sausage.) Plus some other repackaging.

I don't know what dinner will be yet, but that's what's going on my my kitchen today.

So... What are you having for dinner?

Last edited:
It depends. SO's sister and brother-in-law are coming down but we still don't know what time they are arriving. If they will be here for dinner I'll improvise something. If not we will be having leftovers. probably hot roast beef sandwiches or steak and cheese hoagies.

I'm planning to make carne asada with some flank steak. They will go into soft tortillas with sauteed onions, cheese, salsa and sour cream or guac.

I'm planning to make carne asada with some flank steak. They will go into soft tortillas with sauteed onions, cheese, salsa and sour cream or guac.

When I made my tacos carne asada last Sunday, quite a few of the recipes I looked at used two tortillas (corn). The added tortilla really balanced out the ingredients I thought.

I'm going to heat up the extra lamb burger I made the other night and make a loco moco for lunch, probably with mushroom gravy. I'm not sure about dinner yet. Maybe something will jump out at me when I go to the grocery store today.

I just saw a couple pieces of chicken in the fridge that I was saving. Tonight's dinner will be chimichitos. That will allow me to use up some cilantro I have, too.

I have two raw hamburger patties left over from yesterdays supper and a package of stir-fry veggies. I'm going to put something together with that. Maybe a sweet and sour dish. :chef:

Mowbray Pie! I ate it everywhere in England and came home determined to make it. Have made it at least 3 times already, and it just keeps getting yummier and yummier.

Som Tam, it's a thai papaya salad and it's my absolute favourite and I can't wait.

My quickie lunch. Washed it down with a big mug of milk.

Attachments

• loco moco bowl.jpg
    loco moco bowl.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 246
Thank you :)
I use a lid. It helps the white to set more quickly without getting the lace. Although I must say, the white spread out more than usual, causing it to cook faster than I was used to, because I wasn't using a FRESH egg :LOL:

Thank you :)
I use a lid. It helps the white to set more quickly without getting the lace. Although I must say, the white spread out more than usual, causing it to cook faster than I was used to, because I wasn't using a FRESH egg :LOL:

Not you too!?

I'll be frying up some chicken nuggets and fries. The yungun wants onion rings so I sent him to the store to get some. I've tried to make my own in the past with mediocre results so I just get the frozen ones now.

Probably not much. Had Thai restaurant for lunch, then my all-afternoon meeting served up unlimited snacks, of which I had unlimited amounts.

It was just us so I made a beef, onion, and pepper pizza. Sorry *urp* no pictures...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom