TGIFriday 2/18/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided I wasn't in the mood for wings, so I'm going to make puttanesca over gnocchi with some local rope sausage on the side. Just gotta wait for the sausage to thaw... it's halfway there...

We're having fish of some sort, probably tilapia, steamed Brussels sprouts, a gnocchi-type side, iced tea and the most awesome Amaretto-Almond Pound Cake. Made it yesterday from my March 2011 issue of Southern Living that came in the mail earlier in the day.

Oh that cake looks Yummy!! I have everything to make it short the cream cheese. I wonder if I could substitute sour cream???

Since posting my Chicken Paprikash recipe the other day, we're hungry for it. My darling sous chef is in the kitchen chopping as we speak. I think I'll make some spaetzle too. Cold and raining out there, so it's a good night for it. I'll post a picture later.

my dinner for the birthday last night was a total hit. not many leftovers thought. enough pork loin for me for two nights. one half twice baked potato some brocc. and corn bread. had corn bread for breakfast with honey. so left overs are on the menu. good thing, i am totally wiped out. dishes still sitting. slept late and took a nap. am still tired. lordy i am getting old.

my dinner for the birthday last night was a total hit. not many leftovers thought. enough pork loin for me for two nights. one half twice baked potato some brocc. and corn bread. had corn bread for breakfast with honey. so left overs are on the menu. good thing, i am totally wiped out. dishes still sitting. slept late and took a nap. am still tired. lordy i am getting old.

Glad things went well for the B-day dinner!

We had munchies tonight. Didn't feel much like cooking. I am glad the weekend is here.

I had leftover kale soup from yesterday with the pork I used to make the soup. Had the pork on heavy German rye bread with strong mustard and a slice of pickled beet.

It all reheated well. I'm getting used to the taste of kale.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 191
Since posting my Chicken Paprikash recipe the other day, we're hungry for it. My darling sous chef is in the kitchen chopping as we speak. I think I'll make some spaetzle too. Cold and raining out there, so it's a good night for it. I'll post a picture later.

The first picture is before adding the yogurt. The second is the completed Paprikash served over home made buttered Spatzle. Sure was good for a rainy night.

img_970855_0_f405923de59474eee0dd7d12f71cbe91.jpg

img_970855_1_acf10cf181d9fcaa72d748d3b339edf4.jpg

I put some chicken thighs and asparagus on the grill tonight. Opened a box of couscous to go with it.

The temperature went over 70 today... I just had to grill.

I made the Pimento Cheese last night, but held off making the Pimento Cheese Quiche.

Dinner was Gazpacho and a slice of 12 Grain spread with chicken salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom