TGIFriday 2/18/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
The clam chowder I made yesterday should be really good today. I had a small taster cup last night, but figured it would taste even better after resting all night in the fridge.

I plan on making a fresh chicken salad with some tender celery diced in it, and a batch of Pimento Cheese. These will be easy lunches for the next few days.

After the easy and delicious quiche I made last week of spinach and cream cheese with a biscuit crust, I decided that a filling with Pimento Cheese sounds yummy, so that's going to be dinner. I might add some browned ground sausage to it.

What are you having today? Are you cooking, going out, or having take out for Friday?:chef:

Last edited:
My taste buds are undecided, so that usually means I'll be grilling some wings and decide on the flavor last minute.

I'm teaching and then going to an evening shift so dinner will be whatever is around at work will be my dinner. At home I'm leaving some tortellini and a bearnaise sauce or a tomato sauce. They can decide what they want.

Since it is just me tonight, I'm going to try the oven-fried chicken recipe that was on the Dr. Oz show recently.

The Deen Brothers' Lighter Fried Chicken | The Dr. Oz Show

I will probably have some steamed green beans and and rice with it. Or maybe just the beans. I thought I still had some freezer coleslaw left, but I can't seem to find any in the freezer.

I notice in reading the recipe, it says to toss the chicken in the wet coating. On the show they put it in a plastic bag and squished it around to coat it. Maybe in the video it shows them doing that. I'm going to omit the salt, there is probably enough sodium in the corn flakes.

Last edited:
We're having BLTs and soup for dinner tonight, preceded by a drink and followed by dessert - lemon cake if I have the energy to make it.

Zhizara, I love pimento cheese but usually just buy it at the store. I'd love to know how to make my own if you care to share yours.

I'm not sure what supper will be tonight. I have to go out to pick up some drugs (legally prescribed) so will stop at the grocery and hopefully find something that sparks my fancy.

Date night with our friends tonight. They are cooking burgers and hot dogs on the grill. I am going to make some kind of dessert. Maybe tapioca. Not sure yet.

:)Barbara

I was thinking some Toasted Raviolis, like the ones at Olive Garden... with marinara on the side. Probably will serve them with a side salad with homemade bleu cheese dressing. Wish me luck! Happy Weekend everybody!!

I was thinking some Toasted Raviolis, like the ones at Olive Garden... with marinara on the side. Probably will serve them with a side salad with homemade bleu cheese dressing. Wish me luck! Happy Weekend everybody!!

Yum! I love their ravioli, but I usually get Alfredo sauce instead :) I hate when they dont toast the tops though! Thats the worst...

We are having left overs here. Not sure what all is in the fridge, but it is getting eaten tonight.

Zhizara, I love pimento cheese but usually just buy it at the store. I'd love to know how to make my own if you care to share yours.

I'm not sure what supper will be tonight. I have to go out to pick up some drugs (legally prescribed) so will stop at the grocery and hopefully find something that sparks my fancy.

I'd be delighted!:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom